The Middle

It drove Charlotte bonkers when Mels was over at their house. Mels was so loud, and always teased her.

She always seemed to take Amelia's side on things too.

Even though Rory had a crush on Amelia, he would still play with Charlotte from time to time.

But, when it was just a girls day, Charlotte would prefer the company of Mr. Zero.

Mr. Zero always told her stories and would transform into different people to keep her entertained. That's why, when Amelia would invite Charlotte to play her Raggedy Doctor game, she would insist on being 'Prisoner' Zero, and would insist that if the Doctor could have friends and cool tools, Prisoner Zero could have powers and his own friends.

***

At school, Charlotte excelled at science, and history. She loved reading in her spare time, but hated her English class.

She also preferred the stories Mr. Zero had told her to any Magic Tree House.

But, as she grew older, she would spend less time with Mr. Zero, and more time studying, or working, or hanging out with Mels and Amelia, who after 5 years, finally enjoyed spending time with each other. They viewed each other as equals rather than competition for the spot light.

***

Charlotte sat in the lobby of the Mental Health Facility. Unlike herself, Amelia had blabbed about seeing aliens, and was now dragged from therapist to therapist.

Of course, Charlotte went to therapy, but that was for other reasons. She didn't like herself. She felt uncomfortable in her own skin, and didn't know how to fix it. She tried dieting, exercising, and everything else she could think of, but she just felt trapped.

After a little research, and a little experimenting, Charlotte realized she preferred he, and that Charlie was a name the suited him better. After the Therapist explained it to his mum, Sharon helped him raise money to accommodate for his preference.

While Charlie was figuring out a new name, Amelia tested out some nicknames, and ended up settling on Amy. The two got used to their new names together.

***

When Charlie was having a stressful day, He would check in on Mr. Zero. He would bring him food, water, and would clean up the room that the alien was staying in.

He didn't mind having the Alien roommate, And he still kept his secret after all these years.

***

When Charlie's Mum had passed, it hit both him and the Ginger hard. Charlie set up the funeral, and Amy packed her things to store them.

They both wished for an escape to pop up then and there.

Amy wished for her Doctor to come and take them to the stars.

But no one ever came.

***

Rory went to medical school. Working hard to be a nurse.

Mels was on and off, and in and out of prison.

Amy stopped after High School, wanting to keep an open schedule should a Doctor's appointment ever come up.

Charlie became a Detective. He went to small, local school, and finished as quickly as he could. He took part in many investigations, most of which were outside of Leadsworth, but he always went back home in the end.

The Four were very different, but they all seemed to stick together.

Two of them more than the rest.

***

Then when all four seemingly grew up, the imaginary friend came back.

//I know this is different, I hope its a good different though!//