5-wondering

The next morning, Ricky Bowen and Alexis Swan woke up to Gina Porter's voice on the phone.

"Hey mom. I'm sorry, I fell asleep at Alexis' house."

"Yeah, I'd assumed so. I didn't know you were planning to stay so late," the two heard faintly from the other end of the phone.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again. We'll probably head straight to school from here. Yeah, bye. Love you too."

Ricky flipped over and checked his phone to see 50 missed calls from his dad and a bunch of texts.

How's rehearsals?
Delivered

Hey, kid. You on your way home yet?
Delivered

Where are you???
Delivered

Come home
Delivered

Don't make me have to call your mom!!
Delivered

RICHARD BOWEN, IF YOU DONT PICK UP YOUR DAMN PHONE!
Delivered

Ricky sat straight up. "Shit, shit, shit!"

He quickly stood up and called his Dad, walking into the other room.

Gina sat back down on the couch next to Alexis. "Well, that can't be good."

"My dads pissed," Ricky said as he walked back to the living room, confirming Gina's thoughts. He picked up his stuff from by the door. "I've got to go. Thanks again both of you, for helping me learn the dances."

"No problem," the girls responded at the same time. "I'm sorry we fell asleep. I hope you don't get in too much trouble." Alexis said.

The boy grimaced. "Me, too."

Alexis felt a pang of sadness in her heart. At least his parents and Ginas were worried about them. She checked her own phone. Only one text from her Dad, who hadn't even come home.

Emergency came through the ER. Long surgery tonight. Won't be home until tomorrow's shift ends; money under the fridge for dinner.
Delivered

Alexis sighed and stood up and stretched, Gina doing the same. Both girls showered and got ready, Gina borrowing clothes from Alexis.

****
After suffering through eight long classes, it was finally time for rehearsals. But when Alexis  arrived at the bomb shelter, Miss Jen wasn't there. Carlos explained to everyone that she had to go pickup a very important package so they would start a little later today.

To pass time, Alexis decided to go in the auditorium and maybe play something on the piano, but when she walked in she heard someone else was already playing. They must've had the same idea she did.

Alexis walked over and saw Ashlyn sitting on the piano bench. When she noticed Alexis, she stopped playing immediately.

"Hey!" Said Alexis.

"Hi," Ashlyn responded, "I'm sorry I didn't know anyone would come in here. I can be gone in seven seconds, six if I don't zip my bag!" The girl started to grab her stuff and walk away but Alexis held up a hand to stop her.

"No, no, you don't have to leave!"

Ashlyn smiled at the girl and sat back down.

"Oh, I don't think we've ever really met. I'm—"

"Alexis," Ashlyn finished for her, "everyone knows who the lead is."

Alexis smiled and felt her face heat up.

"And I'm Ashlyn, I play—"

"Miss Darbus." It was Alexis' turn to cut her off.

Both girls laughed.