01. Going home

01. Going home
The picture at the top is the pack house!

"Evelyn!" my grandma yelled excitedly when I stepped out of the car. I hugged her warmly and looked around remembering all the years I'd spent here before I went away to school.

"Hi gran, how's grandpa doing?" I asked pulling away from her. She smiled nervously at me and then sighed.

"He's completely healthy." she said quietly. I looked at her confused for a second until it finally hit me.

He was never even sick at all!

"What exactly do you mean gran?" I asked narrowing my eyes at her.

"I'm sorry sweety, we just missed you." she said weakly. I guess I can't really blame her though, I haven't been home in two years. Everytime I had a vacation or holiday I just stayed at the school. Don't get me wrong I love my family, I love them more than anything. It's just that after my parents were killed I never wanted to get close to anyone again. After I shifted into my wolf I knew that I didn't have much time before I found my mate, and honestly I didn't and still don't want to.

"Well you could have just said you wanted to see me instead of saying my grandpa was on his death bed." I said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes and led me inside while the driver she'd sent brought all my bags inside.

"Evie!" my grandpa yelled as he hugged me tightly.

"Hey grandpa." I said hugging him just as tightly.

"Sorry about the trick hun, but you wouldn't ocome back any other way. I was starting to think you'd never come back at all." he said dramatically.

"Yeah, well school's been really hectic." I lied knowing the truth would only hurt them.

~*~*~*~

We talked for a couple hours about everything, how the pack was doing, who was mated to who, and how proud they were of me for becoming so independent. They said I arrived just in time for the alphas son Damions birthday party that he holds every year, he's turning nineteen tonight.

"The party starts at 9:00p.m tonight but if you don't want to go to it you can have some money or something to go to the mall." my grandpa said reaching for his wallet.

"It's fine. Anyway you said nobody knew I was back yet so I can just head up to my room if I get bored." I said taking a bite of my favorite pop tarts.

"Okay, well if you need anything, anything at all ju-" I cut him off before he could finish.

"I know to ask." I said smiling and dumping the pop tart edges in the garbage.

"I keep forgetting that you're not a child anymore." he said sadly.

"Yeah." I said smiling and hoping he wouldn't he'd just drop the subject. Naturaly though I was wrong.

"Evie?" he asked giving me a weary look.

"Yeah?" I asked hopping he wouldn't push the subject of my leaving. Naturaly though hopping didn't do anything.

"Why exactly didn't you come back? Did we not do a good job for you?" he asked painfully. It hurt to know he thought it was because of them.

"It was never your fault. I love you guys so much, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have been able to get through it all." I said avoiding the question. He noticed my unease and shrugged it off probably thinking I would leave if he didn't.

"Well you should probably unpack then. The rest of the pack should be getting home soon." he said standing up and stretching.

"Right, um, who all knows I'm coming?" I asked.

"As far as I know it's only me your gran and Alpha Parker." he said shrugging. I nodded my head and headed up stairs snacking on another cinnamon and brown sugar pop tart. I looked around the room and noticed that everything that was here when I left was still here. I scrunched up my nose at the un-used smell the room had and started redecorating my walls.

Mostly they were good, but I had a lot more stuff to hang up now so I had to organise it. I had a good amount of sighned band posters that I hung up with some of my band T's. My wall now currently has no available space left with the bands, avenged seven fold, falling in reverse, escape the fate, Eminem, My chemical romance, linkin park, Hinder, 3oh!3, bon jovi, creed, Metalica and godsmack covering it.

Yeah I know. I have GREAT taste in music.

I heard a few cars pulling in the driveway as I started on my closet and then a lot of laughter. I looked out the now open window and saw all the people I use to know walking towards the house. They all had groceries in their arms; no doubt for the party tonight, and some of the older guys even had kegs. I guess that's what you'd expect for the soon to be alphas 21st birthday. I backed away from the window and once again started on my closet.