Part 7

Alice decided she wouldn't go in because Sammy was already kind of mad at her. So Norman went to go talk with Sammy.
He walked in and made eye contact with the short musician. He liked the pretty blue of Sammy's eyes. "Hello Sammy." Norman said gently.
Sammy raised an eyebrow at Norman's soft tone. "Hi." He replied. "How're you doing?" Norman asked.
Sammy honestly didn't expect that question, no one ever asks him how he is, ever. "Is it okay if I ask you a question?" Norman said.
Usually Sammy would say no and make the person leave, but for some reason, he didn't want to turn Norman away.
"Sure, I guess." He sighed. Norman was quiet for a few seconds as he thought about what to say. "Well, I noticed that you seem to avoid all contact with the other workers, could I ask why?" He said.
Sammy went instantly from a settled face to a frown. "I'm not a people person." He said. "You say that, yet, there's a reason behind that, isn't there?" Norman asked.
Sammy didn't know what to say. This tall man was smarter than he looked. "No." He instantly denied, crossing his arms and averting his gaze to the ground. Norman sat down on the opposite end of the piano bench.
Sammy glanced up for a second before glaring back down at his feet. "If you're fine, then why not make a friend?" Norman asked.
"Because I don't want to." Sammy growled. "Don't want to, or can't?" Norman questioned. Sammy's mouth remained a frown, but his eyes were filled with sadness and hurt.
"I can, I just don't want to." Sammy said. "Then prove it." Norman said. "No." Sammy glowered. "Then I don't believe that you are able to make friends." Norman shrugged.
"I won't, because when people make friends, they give each other all their trust, then when you need them most, they abandon you and leave you to fight the world on your own, with not a single soul to help you.
They watch you struggle, and just wait for you to take your final hit, not caring when you get hurt and the trust is broken and never going to be fixed because you don't want to go through all that pain again, even though you still hurt every day of the rest of your life because nobody cares!" Sammy curled into a ball and sobbed into his knees.
Norman wasn't sure what just happened. He felt bad for Sammy, he had obviously had a really rough childhood, and now he couldn't trust another person ever.
Norman didn't care, he would help the short man whether he liked it or not. Norman pulled Sammy into a comforting hug.
Sammy didn't do anything to prevent it, because he really needed to feel loved. He hugged Norman back and cried into his shoulder. "You don't have to trust me Sammy, but I trust you." Norman said gently to him.
Wally walked in the room. "Hey Norman, you in here? Lacie's lookin for ya-" he stopped when he saw a crying Sammy and Norman hugging him.
"Dam, Y'know what I'll just go, uh...get better Sammy." Wally backed out of the room and closed the door.
He walked all the way back to the break room. "Did you find him?" Lacie asked. "Yeah, but I don't think you're going to have a chance with him." Wally snickered to himself.
"Huh? Why?" Lacie asked. "Okay, you guys aren't going to believe me, but he's in the music studio on the piano bench, hugging Sammy who's crying about something." Wally said.
"That's too much to process." Grant said. "That can't be true." Shawn raised an eyebrow. (When I wrote raised, it auto corrected to Taco, help me.)
"So you mean Sammy has emotions, and the one person who got them out of him, was the new guy that's been here for two days?!" Jack asked.
Wally nodded. Alice smiled. "I knew he could do it!" She said.
Everyone turned to her. "What do you mean?" Susie asked. "Well..." Alice explained what happened. "So he has trust issues?" Thomas asked.
Alice nodded.
*back in le music department*
Sammy suddenly realized what he'd done. He instantly pushed Norman away and crossed his arms.
"I-I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything, j-just...stay away from me please." Sammy ran out of the room.
"Sammy wait!" Norman called and got up but when he looked in the hallway, Sammy was gone. He ran into the break room.
Everyone stared at him. "Did you guys see where Sammy ran off to?" Norman asked. Everyone shook their heads.
"Damn, he's somewhere and I need to find him." Norman glared at his hands and then ran back out. "He knows work ends in two minutes right? Sammy probably went home." Wally said.
Lacie ran after him. "Sammy went home Norman, work ended!" She yelled. Norman sighed. "Okay." He said.
He went and got his coat and then left the studio to go home, hoping that over the weekend and back on Monday that Sammy might talk with him.