Trials

After that, time seems to speed up, and seemingly in a blink of an eye, Makoto's standing in an elevator, leading down to the trial grounds.

Sayaka scoots up to him, and Makoto feels himself tense up.
"Makoto...I'm scared..." Sayaka whispers. She goes to grab his hand, but he pulls away, looking around the elevator for someone to save him.
"M-Makoto?..." She seems concerned, but not for Makoto's well-being. She seems concerned that Makoto can't trust her, and he can't.

The elevator ride drags on, as Makoto continues to look away from Maizono, claustrophobia starting to kick in.
Makoto starts to walk backwards, bumping into several people.
"S-Sorry....Sorry..." He bumps into the wall of the elevator as it shakes a little, stops and opens its doors.

"Upupupu welcome to the trial grounds!!" Monokuma's sitting in a throne like chair, overlooking several small podiums.

"What's all this?" Kyoko says suspiciously
"It's the class trial! Shall I go over the rules?" He hops from his chair and walks over to the group of kids.

"Might as well." Kyoko replies.

"Well..first off, each of you get behind a podium." Monokuma instructs. Surprisingly, everyone listens.

"Rule time!" Monokuma sits on his throne again.

"In the class trial, which is held each time one of you dies, all the remaining innocents must find and vote for the right blackened."

"Blackened?" The small girl named Chihiro squeaks.

"A blackened is the killer." Monokuma says as if being a killer is casual

"Now..Time for my favorite part!"

His...Favorite part? This..This can't be good.. Makoto thinks to himself.

"If you vote off an innocent instead of the blackened....You all die!"

"D-die?" Makoto asks.

"Well, except the blackened! They get to graduate."

"Well this raises the stakes a bit. But it's still waaaay to boring." Junko has the nerve to say. Monokuma doesn't even seem to mind.

"Upupu don't worry Enoshima, you'll like the executions."

Makoto gulps. Execution?

"Well then, are we finished with all of this stupid chit chat?"
Celestia asks.

"I..I guess so..." Leon says.
Mondo seems a little unfazed, Taka looks terrified, along with Chihiro, Yasuhiro and most of the class.

"W-Well. What evidence has everyone gathered?" Sayaka says, with an almost real seeming terror.

"Hm..Let's start with alabis." Kirigiri suggests, not even scared sounding..But calmly.

"I was in a group with Leon, Taka and Mondo..For about an hour.." Yasuhiro says

"I-I was a-all alone. In my room." Chihiro whispers.

"Alright, enough of these idiotic alabis. I already have enough evidence to figure this out." Byakuya says.

"Well then, Mr. Togami. What evidence do you have." Kirigiri asks annoyed.

"This-" he pulls out the letter, the one Makoto supposedly gave to Toko.

Makoto's head starts to spin. Surely Togami wasn't blaming him.

"Ahem." Byakuya reads it aloud.

"
Toko,

Meet me in the library at 3: 35 Pm. I have a pressing matter to discuss with you.

——Makoto Naeigi"

Gasps can be heard from most of the class.

"M-Makoto!? T-this..why would you do this to Toko..." Sayaka asks terrified.

Makoto feels tears starting to build in his eyes.

"I-"

"He didn't." Byakuya answers before Makoto can.
"But you just read a letter he-"

"This is forged." He states bluntly.

"And..and how do you know?" Sayaka asks, almost nervous sounding.

"I don't know if it's forged, but I know he isn't the 'blackened' as Monokuma calls it."

"Well then...How do you know he's not the blackened?" Kirigiri asks.

"I have one piece of evidence pointing to the killer." Byakuya looks straight at Makoto.
"Tell 'em, Naegi."

Makoto trembles. Sayaka was one of his oldest friends, and now he had to tell everyone she killed Toko?

"W-we found a..A blue hair." Gasps can be heard for thousandth time.

Makoto steals a glance towards Sayaka.

Byakuya's POV

He watches Makoto cringe as he states the evidence.
He's so pathetic, would never make a business man.

Sayaka looks terrified for a moment.

"W-well...It could have gotten there after she died!" Sayaka says in a sickly sweet voice
This causes Makoto to freeze up more than he already had.
Byakuya has to help him....does he have to do everything?

"Since Makoto is incompetent of protecting himself and his alabi, I shall have to do it for him."

Byakuya catches Makoto looking at him in a 'thank you' kind of way.
The blonde's heart melts, but he quickly gets back the argument.

"It was under the blood, Maizono." Byakuya states bluntly.

"B-but..."

"Sayaka...W-we trusted you..." Taka seems a little scared
It's surprising to Byakuya that it was Taka to be the one to say it, but he knew someone would.

"Aarrreee you all ready to voooottteee!!??" Monokuma's voice cuts through the room, surprising even the heir himself.

"I suppose so..." Kyoko says, barely above a whisper.

Several of the kids seem ready to break down, the crazy brown haired one and the small girl with blonde hair in particular.

Oh, well, and Sayaka.

So uh I'm no longer dead heheh.