Sad secrets

Riley's POV
I was sitting on my bed next to Carson and Rise, just telling story's and making each other laugh when dad walked in.

"Hello boys, can I speak to Riley alone?" Both boys nod and leave.

"Am I in trouble for something?"

"Are you ever in trouble Riles?" He asks chuckling a bit.

"I guess not." I say and he sits next to me.

"They got an officer who was willing to talk to your dad about us adopting you..." I sit straight.

"They said he would only think about it if you go see him. Apparently you haven't been to see him in almost a year."

"That's because last time I was there he called me a faggot." I spit, just thinking about it.

"True, but what are you doing when you said you were going to visit him? I thought you went every month." I shake my head.

"Well I usually went with my ex, Jack to his friends house and they would all get drunk- I didn't!" I say quickly.

"How old was Jack?" He asks sternly, as he had always been protective of our relationships but it got worse after the Tristan incident.

"Um... well-"

"Riley, now." He said his voice raising a bit.

"He just turned 26 like 2 months ago." I say quietly.

He gasps. "Riley- I thought you of all people would know better than that..."

He pauses. He opens his mouth to say something but closes it again as if he doesn't know what to say next.

"Riley, I want you to be 100% honest on these next few questions, and if it makes you too uncomfortable to answer, don't."

"O-Ok."

"Did you guys EVER have sex?" He asks slowly.

I nod. "O-Only a few times, he really wanted to a-and I didn't want to seem immature..." Dad looks like he's about to cry.

"Ok I understand, when did you guys break up?"

I look down before answering. "W-When Rise came and I saw what happened with Tristan coming after the family... so only a few weeks ago."

Now he was actually crying. "Riley how long were you with this man?"

"About a year and a half." I say without hesitation.

"Riley do you realize how stupid that was? What would have happened if you had gotten hurt or kidnapped?"

"I understand, that's why I broke up with him. He was angry- no furious with me, but I threatened to go to the police if he came near me again. That man who followed Nate, the one working for Tristan. That was Jack." I felt myself begin to tear up.

Dad pulls me onto his lap and hugs me tight as he cries into my shoulder.

"You should have told me as soon as it happened. You have no idea how freaked out I am. Your brothers have to know this." I shake my head.

"They're gonna hate me." I say feeling tears run down my cheeks.

Dad puts his hand on my cheek, him still crying.

"Look Riley. I'm proud of you for being honest with me. And nothing you could do will EVER make me or your brothers hate you. Definitely not Rise or Carter. We need to tell them in case he comes after you if they find out Rise is your brother."