Annoying

All day, Carson has followed me around. "I thought you were just supposed to take me places." I say annoyed that he wouldn't let me be.

"My mother wants me to stick with you for the first few days. I don't want this as much as you don't." He replies also quite annoyed.

"Rude much." I say making him scoff. "We both know you don't want me around you fag. No one does so can you stop?!" He shouts making me freeze in my steps.

No one does? Are people bullying him?
"Carson? Are you ok?" I ask calmly hoping he would answer.

"I'm fine." He says while still walking and pulling me along. "You're not acting like it." I state and this time it's his turn to pause.

"Look. You aren't looking out for me, I'm looking out for you. You don't need to know if I'm ok."

"You still deserve the care. I care about everyone and you hating me doesn't change the fact that I want you to be ok." With that he starts silently crying.

"Why doesn't she love me?" He asks confusing me.

"Who?" I ask pulling him into a hug. Leading him into the bathroom locking the door behind us so no one interrupts him.

"My mom. She pretends I don't exist until she needs something from me. She called me a fuck-up but the second someone else's perfect kid needs help it's 'don't be rude. The kid has been through more than you'" He rants making tears roll down my face as well.

"You are NOT a fuck-up and I'm not perfect. Besides, nobody is more important than anybody else. I have a question and I want an honest answer." I say and he slowly nods.

"Do you... harm yourself. In any way at all?" I ask hoping it's a no, but all he does is nod.

"Oh god. Baby show me." I say trying to stay calm. He rolls his sleeves up showing hundreds of lines. Some red, some pink and some white. I can't hold back the sob that escapes my mouth.

"Anything else?" He tries to answer but he's crying so hard. He slowly raises his hand holding two fingers together. Wait!

"Baby?" I ask and he looks up at me. "Do you make yourself sick?" I ask again and he nods softly. I hug him tighter.

Once he calms down, he sits up on the counter. "Carson? Please tell me why you make yourself sick..." I say and he shakes his head.

"Please?" I ask taking his hand in mine. "I-I thought that m-my mom would love me if I was s-skinnier." He stutters.

"Car... you are skinny and I don't want you hurting yourself. I used to as well but I don't anymore. There is always someone who cares about us ok?"

"Maybe for you but not me. All my friends ditched me and my dad left."

"I care. Why did you friends ditch you?" I ask genuinely curious.

"I came out to them as bisexual..." he says and my eyes widen. That's why he hates gays.

"Well I'm here for you if you need help with anything. I doubt you want to but I do wanna be your friend." I say and he nods quickly.

"Please?" He asks.

"Of course."

Later that day as we were on our way to the car, Aaron comes outside.

"What are you doing with my brother you dick?!" He asks coming towards us.

"He isn't a-"

"I'm just taking him home." He says cutting me off.

Next thing I knew, Aaron was on top of Carson and was beating him up.

"Aaron get the fuck off him! Stop! I will NEVER speak to you again!" That makes him stop.

He looks over at me and sees me crying. "Hey RiRi... you're ok." He says. I nod.

"But Carson isn't. At all." I say and rush to Carson's side helping him up.

"Why do you care for that douche?" Aaron asks and I shake my head.

"Don't call him that. He's my friend. Now fuck off." I snap as we go to the car.