Chapter 10

(Alex POV)

Some Language !

It was only until nightfall did I regret what I did. Well, I don't know if regret is the right word but maybe I was a little uncomfortable. I hope she's okay. . . Actually nevermind. I didn't care. Forget I said anything. I checked my bag of bread and jugs of water and continued strolling down the lawn while the stars hung high. I passed the gate, and immediately felt the air suffocate me a bit. It's been over two months, how was the fire outcome still so strong?

I haven't been here since. . .you know. It seems Quill didn't do anything and just hung by their own shelter. The palace was all still a crumbled mess and most houses broke down too. My thoughts shifted to my parents once I glanced down the necessary quadrants. I almost wanted to scroll down, check to see if my home was still standing and maybe if they were still alive---- but I'm glad I didn't. I hoped they burned.

The fire spread all the way there too, few houses crumbling. A few quillans caught my eye, and immediately started a pace towards me. Bleh. I turned the other way and continued to look for the Quillarity. With all the rubble, the roadway was a lot more clogged and despite living here for thirteen years of my life, I was a bit lost.

By the time I found the military, it was already pretty dark. I'm sure most of everyone would be asleep. Florence, Simber, Lani, Sky, ...Samheed all left me. If I were to regain my status, I can't do it alone. Despite how much I hate this place, they were my easiest resource. "Hello?" I say. I hear a shuffle and then from the shadows comes the General. The new one anyway.

"Ah looky here, It's the one that caused all of this."

A fine layer of ash had settled over the concrete floors and the musty quilliarity vehicles stood in the farthest corner. "I'm not here for Idle chatter." I reply, holding up my bag. "I'm sure your men are in need of these supplies?"

The General eyed the bag as if he was a dog and I was holding a bone. "Yes, we do." He made a move to grab it, but I stepped back. He folded his arms, and grimaced. "Fine, what's the catch?"

"I'll need some of your men as some guards."

"Mine? Don't you already have the whole population at Artime at your feet."

"General. I said, I'm not interested in Idle chatter. Are you willing to make the deal?"

He laughed as if I made a joke. To be honest, this probably wasn't the smartest deal. They could betray me any time if he did make the deal. I was probably better off alone, and honestly I would rather just be alone. Though, I can't take down a force by myself. I need some time to buy and getting these cheap guards would work. I'll get rid of them the second they aren't needed. "Desperate enough to get help from Quill eh?" This general was getting on my nerves. "Okay Okay fine."

I relaxed my shoulders and waited as he called for a few of the occupants that were living in the Quillarity. Around four in total, but I wasn't too picky. I just need something to fend off anything instead of me doing it myself and wasting time. I dropped the bag by the General's feet and took off with my new 'guards'. With the walk back, I managed to explain their purpose and if they were to ever try anything against me, well . . . you know how that ends.

We came in through the back door and let them stay in the kitchen for the night. No doubt, Samheed or Sky would come check on me in the morning but that wouldn't matter. I will get my position back and right now, I dont give a damn about anyone. In fact, I'm glad this happened. I got to see my 'friends' true colors. I was blinded by their false love and I'm too tired to continue pleasing them.

The night I was awake, my mind flooding with thoughts like always. Eventually, it grew dark and I was asleep.

The door rattled. I woke up, quickly rubbing my eyes and checking the door. It was the chefs. I got up and smoothed my clothes, and then opened the door for the chefs and feigned a meaningful smile. I don't know what Samheed told everyone, and I kind of don't want to know what he told them. Everything was already hurting and I couldn't handle anything else. . .