XVIII. Shattered glass

latibule: (n.) a hiding place; a place of safety and comfort

Carter's POV

We went to the outside of the palace since that's where somebody reported they saw her last.

We walked to the bench and saw footsteps in the snow, leading towards the forest.

Luckily this gave me a little bit of hope, I don't know what I'll do if we don't find her.

We followed the tracks all the way to an old house in the woods.

Oliver and I both took out our daggers and we approached the door.

I kicked it open and we quickly went inside to look for her, I went left while he went right. Nothing to be found.

We both met in the middle, one room we haven't checked opened the door to find emptiness. Nothing but an empty bathroom.

" Wait," Oliver said as he walked inside it.

I walked towards him as he picked something up.

It was a green mask. The green mask. The mask that caused it all. If it wasn't for this mask, it would have been me who was taken, not her. It should have been me.

I just looked at the mask. The tracks end here, and there was nothing. It was as if all hope was gone.

Out of anger I turned around and punched the mirror. Small shards fell into the sink and my hand started to bleed. I didn't feel it.

"You need to calm down," Oliver stated.

I turned to him slowly as if he had just said the dumbest thing in the world.

" Don't tell me to calm down, this is all your fault, you just had to be a little windsucker," I said while walking out of the bathroom.

"It's late and dark. We should stay here and continue the search tomorrow." Oliver said while sheathing his dagger.

"No, I'm not going to stop looking for her," I replied.

"I'm not saying to stop looking, I'm saying wait till daylight when you have fresher eyes." He irritatedly responded.

He took off his coat and set it on the floor to lay upon.

I raided the house's kitchen for any sort of alcohol. I grabbed some and went to the main area where Oliver was laying. Alcohol would wash away my feelings.

I sat and downed almost the whole bottle of whiskey.

"You're a swill-belly." Oliver mocked.

"I am not." I retorted, annoyed.

"Yes, you are. You know Olivia hates swill bellies" he laughed.

" Well then why does she liked me so much?" I remarked with a smirk.

He scoffed.

" so you admit you're a swill-belly?" He smiled.

This is gonna be a long-ass night.

△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽ △▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△▽△