Chapter 10: Roast or Get Roasted

A/N

I won't be giving Percy too many abilities since it'll be a drag to actually go through so many of them. There are more ways than one to make him OP later ;)

Disclaimer : I do not own PJO or any of its characters.

x.x

Chapter 10 : Roast or Get Roasted

The arch was about a mile from the train station. They threaded their way through the underground museum, looking at covered wagons and other junk from the 1800s. It wasn't all that thrilling, but Annabeth kept telling them interesting facts about how the Arch was built. She seemed to be in a much better mood so Percy was alright with the torture.

"My nose is messed up. I cannot smell anything since we are underground", Grover whispered.

"I just hope things go fine", Percy whispered.

"And you had to say it", Annabeth deadpanned.

They had reached the place where they were supposed to board the tiny little elevator car to reach to the top of the Arch. They got shoehorned into the car with a big fat lady and her dog, a Chihuahua with a rhinestone collar.

However, something about her felt off as though she was far more than a normal human. Moreover, dogs weren't allowed at the Arch but she was clearly carrying one but no one even noticed. Before Percy could use Observe, he was pushed into one of the cars with the lady, Grover and Annabeth. Just as they got inside, Percy quickly used Observe before he forgot.

...

Echidna – Mother of Monsters

HP : ?

MP : ?

Echidna is the mother of monsters and the wife of Typhon. Some of her children include Cerberus, the Nemean Lion and the Chimera. She is sometimes tasked by Zeus to test the children of his elder brothers to determine their worth.

...

Chimera

HP : ?

MP : ?

Known as one of the most fearsome monsters in the Greek world with an extremely hard hide, the Chimera is one of Echidna's children. It's venomous tail and ability to breathe fire makes it a true horror and nigh unbeatable.

...

Percy paled when he read who he was with at the moment. How the Hades did this happen? They were so screwed. Just when he was about to break down, Gamer's Mind came to the rescue and straightened him. He had to approach this carefully as he began forming plans in his head. He could now come up with fairly good plans, if he had to say so himself, ever since he had become increasingly intelligent.

For now, their first priority was to escape. If they could escape quickly, they won't have to worry about the mortals. But how could they escape without drawing any attention from either of the two monsters present in front of him? They could cause a distraction and use that moment to run out. And who could provide a distraction without getting caught? The one and only – Annabeth Chase. Percy mentally patted himself on the back for coming with a good plan.

A ding was heard just as the group finally reached the top of the Arch.

...

Ping!