Chapter Three - Bestfriends, Bestfriends <3

Kaylee's Point Of View -

I couldn't breathe. I stopped just shy of Mr. Glascow's room, gasping for air.

"Kaylee! Kaylee!" I heard Jeydon screaming my name, hearing his foot steps echoe it.

'Damn!' I mentally screamed. I took a deep breath and ran towards Mr. Glascow's room. I burst through the door to see no teacher in sight, just a ton of immature jocks and the bitchy preps picking on the nerds. I hung out with the preps, so I didn't mind it. Then, one of them stuck out.

                                            Holly Ann Gates.

'Gates?' I thought. 'Wait, she's RELATED TO ME!' I let out a huge gasp and everyone turned to look at me.

"You. You with the brown hair and glasses. Come here." I spoke clearly, smiling shyly at the end.

She stood up and moved towards the front of the room.

"Yeah?" she asked, voice weak.

I stared at her, then grabbed her by the wrist and led her to the hallway.

"Hey! What the heck!" she yelled, yanking her hand away.

I gave her an appolegetic look then put my hand over her mouth.

"Keep it down, will ya? Teachers can be anywhere." I sighed when she gave me an angry look.

"Exactly. That's why I'm going back INTO the classrom." she turned to go back in but I grabbed her arm and turned her around towards me again.

"Listen. Do you like being bullied? No, okay then. I know you may not believe me, but we're cousins." I smiled at the end, hoping she'd buy it.

"Really?" she smiled back, eyes shining.

"Yes. You're Holly, right?" she nodded and then frowned.

"What's wrong?" I frowned back.

She just stood there, tears forming in her eyes.

"Our parents, both died, on the same day, and time. Who do we stay with now?" I pulled her into a hug and tears swelled in my eyes.

"I know. My grandma told me you'd be coming. You're living with us, oh, and our butler, Henry." I tried to smile, but couldn't.

"Okay. Deal." she smiled through her tears, and mine came easily after hers.

"Hey, uh. Do you know where all the teachers are?" I asked, scratching my arm for no reason.

"No." she responded slowly.

I smiled and waved her to follow me. We walked down the hall, towards the back of the school.  We ended up at an 'Employee's Only' sign.

"Well, what're we waiting for?" I shrugged my shoulders and opened the door, beckoning her to follow through.

"I don't think we're supposed to do that." she stood outside the door, hands on hips, one hip leaned further to the right.

Just then, loud foot steps could be heard down the hallway. Jeydon's foot steps. I pulled her into the stairs room, closing the door before he saw.

"Who was that!" she whisper-yelled.

I sighed and shrugged. "You know. My crush, but it's whatever."

She gazed at me, eyes popping out of her head. "It's whatever?!" she laughed. "Lies! You totally want him in you."

We both laughed. "Oh hush." I grin, braces shining in the light.

"Nice braces." she smiled.

"Nice glasses." I replied, smiling back.

We noticed just then, even though I was a prep, and she was a nerd, we were going to be bestfriends forever.