eight

I walked home with Jack by my side. We had just left the café.

It wasn't too great. It was cheap coffee that was too strong and the breads were too old. I just didn't want to look rude because he had paid.

Which makes me wonder. For a guy who's killing people as a hobby, where does he get his money? What does he do on his other time? Is this like some alter ego? Does he rob people to once they're dead?

My mind wandered this until I realized we were in front of my front door.

"So are you going to go in or...?" He asked.

"Oh yeah!" I said and nodded walking in.

We walked towards the kitchen where my parents were talking to each other, probably about work or their days. They stopped talking when they realized I had brought company. Way to make it obvious I lack social skills and have no friends.

"Vera, you brought a visitor! Who might this be?" Mom raised her eyebrows impressed. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

He's not even that cute. He's just a weirdo walking around our house at night that somehow interests me in an odd way. Also, the fact she thinks that my standards are this is just disappointing and sad. My self esteem isn't getting any better mom.

"Mom, Dad, this is Jack." I fake smiled.

My dad was standing up by this point tense trying to be somewhat intimidating and I wanted to laugh.

"Well hello Jack. I'm Vera's mom and this is my husband." She introduced then all three shook hands.

"Parents of mine, as you can see this is my only friend and he needs a place to stay. Jack's parents kicked him out because they found out he was gay. I told Jack I would ask if it was alright with my parents for him to stay with us." I explained and smiled smugly as I felt Jack's eyes on the back of my head.

I saw my dad exhale a big breath looking relieved. I wanted to laugh again because he's getting protective over nothing.

I was playing the pity card and at the same time seeing my chance to insult Jack back from earlier when he was calling me weird and such.

My mom smiled sweetly as she asked Jack to excuse us and she shooed him out of the room.

"Vera I don't know..." My mom trailed and whispered.

"But mom he's the only friend I have here! Think of all the bad things that can happen on the streets! What if I never see him again after? I'll go to school friendless and look like a loser! We'd be doing a good deed. What's the worst that can happen? He's gay." I exaggerated.

My mom and dad looked at each other.

"We can let him stay. The kid's parents don't want him. It'll be good for Vera to talk to someone while we're at work and before school starts." My dad tried to convince my mom like I wasn't in the room.

She just stayed quiet probably thinking it over.

She finally gave in.

"Fine but only for a little bit. I feel bad for the poor boy, his parents kicked him out for liking boys. How upsetting. Tell him he's welcome." She sighed.

I pretended to act excited and hugged both of them. "Thank you!"

I wasn't really excited because he's kinda already been living here but part of me was. I don't know why.

I walked out and went to inform Jack.

YEAH ANOTHER CHAPTER LEAVE COMMENTS. THANKS

SRRY it's a short chapter. I don't feel good it's all I can write.