The Night

"Ahahaha"

Emma heard a soft laughing sound coming from above her. Her head jolted up and she stared at Dan in confusion.

"W-what's wrong? Whos laughing?" She said as she rubbed her eyes.

"You were sleeping... for the last ten minuets. I need to use the bathroom, the driver already stopped here." Dan said pointing towards the window closest to Emma.

She looked over as she pulled her arms away from Dan's waist and shifted her head towards the window. They were in a parking lot of a bright café. Dan looked away shielding his eyes from the bright light, and Emma sat up straight.

"But... People are gonna take photos and I look like a mess right now." She said looking back at Dan with a frown.

"Fine, I'll go in. I just need to use the loo very quick. I will probably grab something to eat, what do you want?

"No, no, Ill come with. I don't wanna be in this limo alone." Emma said in a hushed voice as Dan grinned back at her.

He took off his suit jacket and handed it to Emma. She looked back at him with a smile and slipped the jacket on. As they were exciting the limo Dan grabbed a New York Yankees baseball cap out of nowhere and placed it on top of his head.

As they both entered the café there were multiple stares being given. Dan and Emma tried their best to not show their faces. Because Emma didn't have a cap on she was looking down as she walked. Not being able to navigate properly she wrapped her hands around his arm. When they reached the bathroom section in the back Dan pulled her in the bathroom.

"Ok, you cant use the bathroom first. I'll go order. What would you like?" He said whispering into her ear.

"I would just like a coffee or something." Emma said hesitantly.

"Ok I'll be back in a few minutes, then we should grab our order and leave."

As Dan turned around and closed the door softly as he left, Emma freaked out. She didn't know what she was gonna tell him, she didn't have a hotel. And she knew Dan was more than drunk, more than wasted. He was almost tripping every step which was probably the reason for most of the stares.

She couldn't believe what she was gonna do. As she opened the stall door after talking to herself for the past three minutes she heard a knock. Was Dan already back from ordering. So she just ignored it and quickly closed the stall door.

As Dan walked back to the counter almost falling every five seconds he got this extreme sharp noise in his ear, then his head started to ache with extreme pain. He couldn't handle being in public like this, people would think he was deranged. Without thinking he ran back to the bathroom. He knocked on the door but no one answered.

The knocks on the bathroom door was starting to get more and more consistent. Emma was scared that someone was trying to break in. Had that person not read the lock that said occupied. She finished in the loo quickly and as she washed her hands she could hear someone moan her name.

"EmMa" came a groggy deep voice.

She flung to the door and then Dan came bursting in. He fell to the floor whimpering. What is happening? What's wrong with him? She flung her arms around him as he hit the ground hard.

"S-sorry, i-its just. My head is killing me. My vison is blurry and I really need to use the loo!"

"O-oh, here just use the stall right there." She whimpered pointing towards the stalls direction.

Dan got up slowly and heaved himself over towards the stall door.

"I just don't understand why you could do this to yourself!" Emma said in a hushed tone.