finding his voice - final chapter

mark and the others leave the school as well, searching for johnny but he was nowhere to be found.

"johnny!? where are you?" mark looks around the school, he couldn't have got very far because they weren't very far behind him.

"okay let's split up, doyoung and taeyong you go behind the school, jeno and jaemin you go near the woods, donghyuck and renjun you go to the rooftop, and I'll go in the neighborhood" mark says and they all break out to search for johnny.

mark heads out onto the sidewalk and follows it to see if johnny was around. he looks around the houses and buildings, but no sign of him.

"johnny? come on please be around here" mark had worried eyes as he searches the neighborhood.

he goes farther away from the school to go outside his house, jaehyun's car wasn't there either. jaehyun must still be at the school then.

he lurks around johnny's house but there's no sign of him.

mark was getting even more worried now.

-

"johnny?" doyoung and taeyong search around the back of the school, going through the courtyard and everywhere else.

"where could he have gone?" taeyong continues searching and doyoung sighs.

"he must be a fast runner" doyoung says.

doyoung and taeyong lock eyes when they bump into each other without noticing, it's silent for a while but then doyoung breaks it by looking away and continues searching.

"I'll try texting him" taeyong gets out his phone.

taeyong
johnny where r u we're worried pls respond

"that's just your excuse to use your phone and play animal crossing" doyoung says.

"so what?" taeyong starts playing animal crossing like doyoung said.

"I knew it. why are you always on that anyway. you barely even interact with us, only online" taeyong shrugs.

"I don't like real life interaction" taeyong says and doyoung makes a 'pfft' sound.

"you and hyuck are pretty different for  brothers" doyoung calls out to johnny again.

"whatever, he's like that to hide his true self meanwhile I could care less what people think of me" taeyong says and he's shocked that he said all that in one sentence.

"that's probably the most you've spoken as long as I've known you" doyoung chuckles and taeyong shrugs.

-

"johnny?" donghyuck and renjun arrive at the rooftop of the school and there's no sign of him.

"wow what a view" donghyuck nods. he didn't have the guts to talk to renjun after the other night.

renjun sits on the edge of the rooftop and just looks at the pretty view of all the buildings and the sky in one scene. the sound of cars driving by makes it an even more beautiful scene.

it was peaceful, which was different considering donghyuck is always being loud.

donghyuck sits next to him and admired the scenery with him.