Truth or Dare

8th year, in the shared common room. They are all of legal age and no harm is coming from their alcohol consumption! Thanks to Sassy_Hermione for the idea!

And it's really corny and generic, so... read at your own risk.

Draco's Point of View

Draco's vision was only slightly unfocused as he wandered around the eighth year common room, talking and laughing and trying not to spill his wine (it was red, his shirt was white, and it would NEVER come out).

Pansy was laughing with Hermione in the corner, shoving her shoulder flirtily. As Draco watched, Hermione (who was only drinking water) leaned over to whisper something in Pansy's ear and drew away, biting her lip.

Ron and Blaise were making out in the corner. When he noticed where their hands were, he turned away quickly before he had to wash out his eyes with bleach.

Harry sat on a couch, looking off into space and nursing his beer.

"All right!" Pansy shouted, and Draco turned around to see her standing on the counter of the little kitchen. She seemed to have stopped flirting, but Hermione was surreptitiously checking out her legs, encased in fishnet stockings, and other assets as well.

"We're gonna play Truth or Dare! Everyone get over here!"

Draco winced at the loud noise and joined the herd of people gathered around Pansy.

"All right," Pansy began, and Draco was happy to hear she'd calmed down. "I'll go first, I pick Truth."

Blaise piped up. "Are you and Hermione a thing?"

Pansy glanced over at Hermione. "What do you think, Mione? Wanna get together, for realzies?"

Hermione blushed and nodded, and the game proceeded.

"Truth or Dare, Ron?" Pansy asked.

"Dare," Ron said immediately.

A mischievous smirk from Neville, who announced, "You have to bench press as much as you can in front of everyone."

"All right," Ron said, still smiling but a bit flustered. Harry, who seemed fully present for the first time that evening, lazily Conjured up a bench press on the rug.

Ron somehow made it to forty pounds before he admitted defeat. When he regained his breath, he pointed at Draco. "I choose you."

"Dare," Draco said without thinking.

Ron grinned slyly. "I dare you to kiss Harry."

"What?" Draco cried. "No, you can't make me do that!"

"You're right," Ron said seriously. "We can't. But we think you want to -- both of you," he added, when he saw Harry shrinking away.

So Draco and Harry both, never ones to turn down a dare, approached and quickly gave a peck on the mouth.

Then they sat down and acted like nothing had happened.

Except they both felt the sparks erupt when their lips brushed.

While everyone was distracted by some long, elaborate story of Goyle's to prove a Truth was true, Draco snuck behind the couch and tapped Harry on the back.

"Potter," he hissed. When he received no response, he tapped harder. "Hey, Potter!"

Harry finally turned around. Draco gestured for him to come behind the couch, so Harry got up and slid behind.

"What?" Harry asked, clearly trying to sound impatient. "There's a game going on."

"Um..." Draco licked his dry lips. "I'd kind of like if we... if we did that again?"

"Yeah?" Harry asked, smiling.

And then they kissed, and it was even better than the first time. They enjoyed it for themselves only, sharing the most beautiful moment.