Seven

Corbyn walked around in circles anxiously for a few minutes and finally went to Daniel. "I'm sorry." 

Daniel shook his head. "No. You broke down. Are we really supposed to be perfectly fine in these situations? I really don't think so."

Corbyn shrugged. "I guess not.." he muttered. "I'm just really on edge." 

Daniel hugged Corbyn. "I'm sure they're looking for us. John is probably panicked.

John paced around the police station. "Any news on the boys?" 

The taller officer shook his head. "Air Traffic Control and everyone else is searching for them. There's no signal from the helicopter. The last signal they had was in South Africa." 

"So the radio is dead?" Ashley Besson asked. 

The officer nodded. "The last thing they heard was a kid saying they were about to crash." 

Jordan frowned. "The only one that can fly a helicopter is Jack." 

"What happened to the pilots?" Tyler Seavey asked. 

"Something bad for the pilots to not fly," the officer sighed. 

Reese looked up at her mom. "Where is Zach?" she asked curiously. 

Myta looked worriedly at the group. "Where's Zach? What happened to my baby?" she stammered. 

"Mommy?" Reese mumbled beginning to cry. 

A man in a pilot uniform walked in. "This isn't normal procedure, but two of you can come search for the boys with me." 

Myta nodded. "I'll come." 

Ashley looked pleadingly at Jordan but it was too late. Zach's dad, Josh had already volunteered to go with his wife. Ashley began to cry. "Please Jordan. We have to look for them." 

"We can't. He said he can only take two people," Jordan sighed. 

Esther looked at Tyler. "I really wanna go search for them. Jonah's my brother. We can't just do nothing." 

"What could we possibly do?" Jeffery asked. 

Jordan's eyes widened. "I do have my pilot's license..."

The pilot looked at him. "How long have you had it?" he asked. 

"About three years," Jordan replied. 

"Well... there is a plane that seats about three plus the pilot even with the rescue equipment. If you want to take it you can talk to the owner," the pilot replied. 

Jordan nodded. "Who's coming?"

Esther, Tyler, John, and Ashley raised their hands. Everyone ran out the door hoping things were starting to look up.

"Are you sure they're looking for us?" Jack asked from where he was laying next to Zach.

"Of course they are," Daniel mumbled.

"I'm so hot," Jonah moaned. "Pass the water Corbyn."

Corbyn turned the water bottle upside down and shook it. Two drops came out. "It's empty," he muttered.

"Food?" Daniel asked.

Jonah shook his head. "We're out."

"How did we run out of food?" Jack asked. "We had so much food."

"We lost it running away from the fire I think," Jonah mumbled.

"We can live without food but what about water?" Corbyn sighed. "What are we gonna do?"