Eleven

Daniel walked towards Jonah and Zach. He laid Jack down near Zach and sat down. "Well that was a long day. The sun is setting."

Jonah glanced at Jack. "Well?"

"He's barely alive. How's Z?" Daniel replied. "Corbyn... are you okay?"

Corbyn's eyes rolled up in his head as he collapsed. Daniel caught him, wincing at the pain in his still broken arm.

"Zach keeps trying to fall asleep but we have to keep him awake..." Jonah sighed. "Next time Corbyn and Jack wake up we can't let them pass out again."

Daniel nodded sleepily. "Maybe keep me awake too."

"Mhm..." Jonah replied.

Daniel ran a hand through his hair. "What's that?"

"What?" Jonah asked.

Daniel pointed towards a small cove. "Over there."

Jonah put a hand on Daniel's head . "You feeling okay?"

"No..." Daniel groaned laying down.

Jack's eyes fluttered open. Jonah sat up. "Hey buddy can you hear me?"

Jack nodded slightly, seemingly unable to speak. Jonah took a deep breath. "Okay... I need you to try and stay awake for me."

Zach yawned. "He's awake?"

"Not really..." Daniel muttered.

"I'm so tired..." Zach murmured. "Please let me sleep."

"Its very cold and we're soaked. If we fall asleep we could freeze. You have to," he said.

Daniel slowly got to his feet. "I'm gonna take a walk."

Feeling weak, he collapsed. That's when he heard his name. Confused, he looked around and realized people were around. "I'm here! Please help us!"

Josh paused. "That was Daniel's voice. Hurry."

They hurried down the trail knowing the situation was probably critical. Ashley gasped. "Oh my gosh! Daniel!"

Tyler and Christian ran to their brother. "Dani, are you hurt?"

"Broken arm. Guys I'm so glad to see you," Daniel groaned resting his head on Tyler's shoulder.

"Have you eaten or anything?" Christian asked.

"None of us have for almost three or four days," Daniel mumbled.

John pulled a water bottle out of his bag. "Here take this and a granola bar."

Daniel fumbled with the lid for a few seconds and quickly drank some of it. Tyler helped him unwrap the granola bar. "Alright. Let's get the others. Any other injuries?"

"Jonah has a broken leg. Zach has shattered his pelvis. Corbyn passed out about two hours ago but that was from exhaustion. Oh my God Jack!" Daniel gasped.

"What about him?" Myta asked as they continued down the path.

Daniel took a bite of his granola bar. "Jack's hurt bad. I think it's a skull fracture but I'm not sure. He stopped breathing at some point and woke up a while ago but still can't speak or anything."

When they rounded the corner they were met by panic. Jack seemed to be having a seizure and Jonah was trying to keep Zach awake while tending to Corbyn and Jack.

Ashley and Jordan ran to Corbyn. "Bean, can you hear me?" Ashley asked.

"My stomach hurts..." Corbyn moaned closing his eyes.

"No... stay awake Corbs," Ashley pleaded.

"I can't. Too tired. Super dizzy," Corbyn mumbled in a barely audible voice.

Myta and Josh knelt beside Zach. Myta hugged her son. "Oh Zach, I'm so glad we found you."

"Mom? Dad?" Zach murmured.

"We're right here," Josh said gently.

Tyler went over to Jack. He began checking his vital signs. Nothing. "Quickly, I need the oxygen right now. Someone do CPR."

Everyone jumped into action. Mitchell sighed. "We have to get to a hospital right now. Hurry. We're losing Jack and Corbyn way too fast."

I don't know what to say about this pic rather than yeah Zach

I don't know what to say about this pic rather than yeah Zach... get into it 👁👄👁

And yet another cliffhanger. Well anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Not sure where this book is going. Have a great day or evening. Love you guys ♥️