chapter seventeen• the execution ☆

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak. It's just too horrible." Hermione sighed as you walked towards Hagrid's hut. "It just got worse." Harry mumbled. The friends looked ahead to see Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle. "What did I say? Father said... I can keep the hippogriff's head.I'll donate it to the Gryffindors' room. This is going to be rich." Draco snickered looking up at us. "Ahh, come to see the show?"

"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" Said Hermione, she glared at Malfoy, wand at his throat. "Hermione no. He's not worth it." Ron tried to reason. Hermione backed down but almost immediately stepped forward again, striking Draco across the face.

"Malfoy, are you okay?" Crabbe asked running with Malfoy and Goyle towards the castle. "Let's go. Quick. Not a word to anyone, understood?"

"That felt good." Said Hermione.

"Not good, brilliant!" Ron smiled brightly.

•**•**•**•**•**•**•

"Look at him. Loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows through them." Hagrid sighed with soft tears in his eyes.

"Why don't we just set him free?" Harry suggested again. "They'd know it was me, and then Dumbledore... he'd get into trouble." Hagrid whimpered wiping his eyes. "He's coming down, Dumbledore. Says he wants to be with me when they... When it happens. Great man, Dumbledore. A great man." The half-giant said in a daze. "We'll stay with you too, Hagrid." Hermione offered. "You'll do no such thing! Think I want you seeing something like that? No. You just drink your tea and be off." Hagrid scolded. Hermione nodded and went back to her tea.

"Oh. Before you do, Ron..." Hagrid said while rummaging in his cabinets. He pulled out a dainty fragile rat. "Scabbers! You're alive!" Ron beamed running to the smelly old rat. "Keep a closer eye on your pets, Ron." Hagrid instructed while Ron hugged scabbers."I think you owe someone an apology." Hermione suggested. "Right. Next time I see Crookshanks, I'll let him know." Ron sassed back. "I meant me!" Hermione shouted.

A vase on the table shattered and ash fell out. "Hagrid is that a person?!" You asked looking at the ash. "Blimey! What was that?" The tall man said, ignoring your question.

"Ow!" Harry shouts, slapping his hand to the back of his head. "Oh, crikey." Hagrid said looking out of the window. "Very interesting." The minister agreed.
"No, minister. Over this way." Dumbledore smiled.
"It's late. It's nearly dark. You shouldn't be here. Someone sees you outside the castle at this time of night, you'll be in trouble. Big trouble. Particularly you, Harry." Hagrid implored shooing us away.
"With you in a moment!" Hagrid replied loudly.
"Quick. Quick!" Hagrid shooed. "Go on, go on!"
You ran out of the back door and hid behind some large pumpkins. They had begun to rot and the smell was rancid. Hermione snapped her neck back towards the woods seemingly out of nowhere.
"What?" Asked harry. "I thought I just saw... Never mind." Hermione whispered. "Let's go!" Ron said running out from behind the pumpkins.

"Buckbeak didn't mean no harm." Hagrid pleaded in the distance. We were by a large rock structure when Macnair brought up the axe. Hermione turned to Ron, seeking any comfort. You leaned against Harry feeling defeated and upset. It was a sad and heartfelt moment until Ron whined.

"He bit me! Scabbers!" Ron exclaimed dropping the rat.

"Ron..... Ron!.....Ron!" Hermione shouted out to Ron as he ran away. "Scabbers, come back!" Ron shouted running towards the rat. Ron eventually caught up to the it and sat down with the rat under a tree. "Scabbers, you bit me!" Ron cooed petting his rat. "Harry, you do realize what tree this is?" You whispered looking at the whomping willow. "That's not good. Ron, run!" Harry screamed sprinting away. A black dog appeared seemingly out of no where, it bared its teeth and snarled, drool dripping from the rabid beasts mouth. "Run! It's the Grim!" Ron cried. The grim lunged for Ron and bite his leg dragging him towards the tree and a small passage.