Chapter 2

I wake up from a text from him, "Good morning:)" Oh God.

              "Morning:)" I reply back. I don't work today so I take the opportunity to clean up my house that becomes a huge mess when I work all the time because the last thing I want to do when I come home is clean anything.

              I begin with the kitchen, and Jake doesn't reply for awhile, but I understand he is doing stuff at work, and notice he hasn't even read my message. Around lunch time I get a text from my best friend Julia, she has a one and a half year old daughter that I've thought of as my own since she was born, which is why it only makes sense that I'm her GodMother.

              "Hey, want to get some fro-yo with Avery and me?" She asks, and of course I never turn down a chance to see them, or a chance to take a break from cleaning.

              "Of course, want me to come get you guys now?" I ask, and her response is almost instant, as usual.

              "Sure! Give us a couple minutes to get ready" She says, and of course I will because I have to get ready as well.

              I load the last couple of dishes into the dishwasher before going upstairs, and getting dressed. I just slide on a pair of leggings, my favorite grey Vail sweatshirt, and some boots. I go back downstairs, grab my purse, and keys then go to my car, and drive over to Julia's. The drive doesn't even take 5 minutes, she live so close to me I could technically walk there, but it's so much more convenient to drive. I park on the street in front of her house, turn my car off, and walk up to her door. I don't even bother ring the doorbell or knock, I just walk in because I know she's the only one home, and she doesn't mind. In fact, she prefers not having to go to open the door for me.

              "Hello," I call out as I walk in, and shut the door behind me.

              "Maia!" I hear a little voice call out, and then the little footsteps that follow. I see Avery come around the corner, arms outstretched ready for a hug. She's so cute.

              "Avery!" I copy her excitement and bend down to meet her size so she can give me a hug. For being so little her hugs are so tight, and she's just the cutest little thing ever.

              "Hello auntie Maia!" I hear Julia call from the other room. I pick Avery up, and walk with her to where Julia is.

              "Hey," I say once I reach the kitchen. I set Avery down, and she runs off to play with some of her toys, and I sit at the bar in the middle of her kitchen.

              "How're you, babe?" She asks as she puts some dishes away. I guess we were doing the same things on our day off.

              "I'm doing okay, how're you and the baby doing?" I ask, not referring to her and Avery. Last month Julia found out she's pregnant with baby number 2. There was some drama attached to that little announcement because her and her fiance were going through some problems, and he wasn't too sure how he felt about having another baby. Especially because they didn't want to have another one until they were married, which was set for next November, but is now being moved up to February on account of the unplanned pregnancy.

              She groans, and holds her stomach, "Making me sick as usual I can barely keep anything down, but baby wants fro-yo so you ready to go?"

              "Duh, that's why I'm here," I joke.

              "Come on, grab my baby and we'll go, I'll drive so we don't have to move her carseat," She says while going into the laundry room to put on a shirt because she was only in jeans and an undershirt which is basically how Julia is. After she had Avery and was breastfeeding I saw her more without a shirt than actually wearing one except when we were in public, and she covered up. Regardless, I love her and her whole family.