Chapter 8

We go to my favorite sushi restaurant that he's never been two. Between us we order 3 rolls, and I overestimated how hungry I was so I don't finish even one of them. Jake is determined to finish them all, but I beg him not to. He tries, but fails, and end up overstuffing himself.

              "Some things may change, but some things clearly never will," I comment as we get back in my car, and he doesn't want to buckle his seatbelt he's so full.

              "You're ridiculous, you know that?" I say to him as he leans the passenger seat back because he didn't even want to drive he's so full.

              "And yet you're here with me," He places his hand on my thigh and squeezes.

              "You are making me question that decision even more each second that goes by," I say placing my hand over his, and giving his hand a reassuring squeeze right back.

              I drive back to my house, Julia should be getting off pretty soon and we go back to my house to just relax and so Jake can digest some of the food he inhaled. We go to my room, and I lay in his arms as we watch some TV while I wait for Julia's text. As if right on time at 9 she text me

              "Hey babe I'm leaving work now, do you want us to drive or do you guys want to?" She asks.

              "Jake can drive, you need to experience his insane driving" I say, and I notice Jake was reading over my shoulder.

              "My driving is not that bad you just overreact!" He says.

              "Are you kidding? I don't even know why I'm still letting you drive my car you scare me!" I swat his chest, and he wraps his other arm around me and squeezes me a little too tightly. I squirm in his arms.

              "Did I crash your car though?" He asks.

              "That is not the measure you should use about being a good driver," I comment.

              "Well it is because I've never been in an accident, and how many have you been in?" He brings it up because he knows its a soft spot with me. Back in November when I was rear ended I was so mad, and then when I was 17 I was backing out of a parking spot and some old lady was too and she sped out of her spot so I never saw her until I heard my car hit hers, that was in m old car though I was more scared than mad.

              "That doesn't even matter one was not my fault at all, and the other was barely my fault," I wave it off like it was no big deal.

              "Still you've been in two, and I've been in none," He smiles like he's so proud of himself.

              "Oh yeah? Well how many tickets have you gotten?" I question because I've never gotten one and I know he's gotten at least one for speeding.

              "That is irrelevant that has nothing to do with being a good or bad driver that is just if I got caught going a little faster than the speed limit," He waves me off like I did to him.

              "I'm such a good driver, I don't get caught speeding though, that is the key," I wink at him.

              "Shush," He says bringing his forearm over my mouth as if to make me be quiet. I take his arm in my hands and admire his lighthouse tattoo again.

              "I like that you have tattoos," I say tracing the lines.

              "I like that you have tattoos too," He comments as he picks up my arm and examines the two I have on my wrist. One is the word "imagine" written in white ink so it looks like a scar, it's the one I get the most compliments on, and right underneath it I have an arrow, that one is ink the regular black ink.