Chapter 5

The next two weeks go by slower than I would have preferred. On one of my days off I go shopping, and end up going to Victoria's Secret which is one of my favorite store. I get some "yoga leggings" that are the most comfy thing I've ever worn in my life. I tell Jake that I got some new clothes and he wanted to see, so I send him a picture of me in them, and I must say they make my butt look really good, and that's what I was showing off in the picture the most. His response to the first picture was "Can it be friday yet?:)" I laugh, but I'm asking myself the same question. Then I send him another picture with the other pair I got, even though they are basically the same idea and he says "We're gonna bang:)" That one really makes me laugh. We had started talking like that though so I wasn't too shocked that he said that. He asked me what my schedule is the time he is in town so I tell him.

              "I call you Saturday night:)" He says in one text then right after he sends another one "So dibs on you:)"

              "Haha dibs?:)" I question.

              "Yes, dibs:)"

              "Just Saturday?:)"

              "Maybe a few more:)"

              "A few more nights?:)"

              "Yeah;)"

              That's when it started to become real, how much I was going to see him while he was here. I know he's seeing his family who lives within walking distance from my house, but it almost felt like he was coming here for me. There was one text conversation we had that really shocked me. We were talking normally, and then he texts me,

              "Do you still love me?" He asks.

              "Yeah, I think I do. Do you?" I'm nervous to send it, but I do anyway.

              "Yeah, I know I do"

              The 19th comes around I wake up to a text from him telling me that he's at the airport waiting to board the place. He send me his flight info and says that he gets in at about 11:30. I tell him that I'll be there, and I start to get really anxious that what has been building up for weeks is now going to happen. I go to my bathroom to get ready. I brush my hair which I straightened last night because I think I look better when it is straight. I put on a little makeup, I never wear much, but some eyeliner and mascara.

              "What are you up to?" I hear my dad ask from the loft, and I'm startled that he is actually here he is never home, he is always at his girlfriend's house, he only comes home when she has to study or work and he doesn't.

              "I'm picking someone up from the airport in a little" I stutter a little, I really don't want him to question me much further than that. I should have lied, but I don't know what I would've said.

              "Who?" Dammit.

              "Jake," I say nervously, and I see the look on his face like what am I doing. He knows Jake and I have been talking, but I didn't tell him Jake is married. I told my mom because I tell her everything because I just feel closer with her, but my dad I feel like I can't tell a lot of things.

              "Why're you picking him up?" He asks.

              "Because he wants to surprise his mom, she doesn't know that he's coming," I'm not actually lying he really does want to surprise her, he has two siblings and they both know that he's coming, but he wanted to surprise his mom which I think is really cute.

              "That's nice, when are you leaving?" He doesn't push it any further thank God.

              "Um..right now," I say as I go back to my room to get dressed. I don't actually have to be at the airport for another hour or so, but I don't want to stick around and risk him questioning me anymore so I decide to just go to the store or something first.