02.

C O M F O R T !
C O M F O R T !
C O M F O R T !

does it ever drive you crazy

just how fast the night changes? ❞

—————————————
—————————————

THE NEXT MORNING nadia woke up to silence. that was unusual in the sense that clay rarely shut up or did anything quietly.

a stillness hung over their small part of the world. it was no longer raining, the sun shining through the blinds. nadia reached around for her phone. she didn't remember plugging her phone in last night... must've been clay.

she pushed the blanket off of her, and as she did she remembered that she was wearing clay's clothes. his hoodie hung down to her mid-thigh, and his sweatpants were very loose on her, bunching at the floor because of their height difference.

nadia walked through the house, not quite sure where clay was. she avoided his bedroom door, not wanting to invade too much. sure she had been in the room multiple times, but this time it felt more personal. she stopped by his office, hearing his voice through the door. she opened the door slowly, though a small creak caused him to turn his head.

he was sitting at his desk, headphones on. minecraft was on his screen, though she was too far away to see what he was doing.

she mouthed 'sorry' before going to close the door.

"it's okay." clay paused. "hey guys i'll be right back." he took of his headphones setting them on his desk.

"shit, i'm really sorry. i didn't know you were playing with people... i was just wondering where you were—"

"nads, it's really okay." he smiled. "we're recording so we can just cut this out."

"are you sure? i shouldn't have been looking around..." the twenty-one year old trailed off.

"i'm sure." he assured. his blond hair had a small dent from his headphones, though it was hardly noticeable among the soft curls. he was wearing one of his green smile hoodies, and she could only think about the fact that it paired so well with his eyes.

"you're recording minecraft?"

"yeah... i still do that." clay rubbed the back of his neck. all of a sudden he was self conscious. he'd never felt like that about his job, but now that nadia was in front of him, he could only imagine what she thought. "it's—"