Chapter 9

Kat's POV

He never liked me. He liked Jade. Why was I so stupid??? I know he doesn't care about me. I'm not his princess. Its just another heartbreak i never wanted to relive again. In a matter of seconds he burst in the room.

"Kat..." He started.

"No, Niall!" I screamed. "I was never your princess!!! I started liking you and you don't even like me anymore. Why? I know I'm not perfectly skinny but...."

"I don't care, your perfect to me." He tried to smile, but you could tell he was really sad. But he really did mean the words.

"If I'm so perfect than why did you kiss Jade?"

"I didn't kiss her, she kissed me." He sighed.

"I believe you Niall... " and with that I ran out of the room. I just wanted to sit in my room.

I plopped down on the bed. I thought to my self. I was still mad at Niall. I really didn't want to date anybody at the moment... I guess I was just heart broken. I needed time. I spied from a distance to see if anyone was still in the living room (**cough, cough** Jade). The coast was clear. I trudged in the kitchen and grabbed a sprite and a bag of chips and left. I sat down on the couch and cut on the TV. I just wanted to pull the beanie I was wearing over my head and ignore the world. But I think I knew what was coming next.

Niall walked in. He stood at the door frame and just stared at me. This went on for so long I was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"What do you want, Niall." I didn't even sound like me.

"I just want you to accept my apology, Kat. It wasnt me. It was her. I've never like Jade and I never will. Promise." He sounded really sad, but hopeful. But it hit me. Niall never, and I mean NEVER, promises without keeping. We made a deal when we were young. We would only use promises on things that were really important. And if it was really important to you, you could use it and you had to keep it. In all the time I've known Niall, he's never broken a promise. Not one.

"I believe you." I sighed. " I believe you...but I don't want to jump into a relationship right now." After that remark, Niall sadly left the room. And yes I still like Niall. I love him. But I don't want another heartbreak...

*flashback*

We had been together a year! A year! Relationships usually don't last that long, and he made me so happy. I knew we would be together forever. I was just so in love.

I had decided to suprise him with something simple for our anniversary. Sitting on the couch with popcorn watching some old movies. Simple, but effective. (No pun intended).

I skipped happily to his house with the movies and popcorn. This would be the best suprise ever! He loved movies and I was sure he would love this.

I walked up to the front door with the movie in one hand and popcorn in the other. I slowly walked up the porch and thought if I should hit the doorbell. I decided no; I'd been to his house too many times and he knew who I was.

As I walked in I didn't think I'd find what I did. A very happy Jay kissing another girl. I was shocked. He looked at me in disbelief and muttered out, "Kat, I'm, I'm sorry... I didn't mean for this to go this far."

"Save it Jay." I said sternly and walked away from that house. I never once looked back. I tried to tell myself that it was his loss but he was cheating on me. And I was just dumb enough to believe the lies he threw at me.

I was a wreck for at least a month. I was heartbroken.

*end of flashback*

All I knew was it happened again. Niall, out of all people broke my heart. I had walls built up, and he just helped them get higher. I've never dated a boy since then. And I'm glad. He just proved that they'll still break your heart.

Niall's POV

Everything I've worked up for, it's gone. I ruined it. No I didn't ruin it.... She did.

"You ruined it, Jade!! You ruined it!" I screamed to the top of my lungs into the emptiness. I was so frustrated. I felt like crying but the tears wouldn't come out.

Right then, Kat walked in. "Why would you do this to me again?!" She screamed, fighting through the tears. I had no idea what she was talking about and then It finally hit me... Jay. "What did I ever do to deserve all of this??!"

"Kat I'd never want to hurt you. I love you so much and don't want anyone to hurt you... But when it's me hurting you, it breaks my heart. I don't like Jade... Never. I love you." I quickly spoke out.

"But I have walls built up Niall, and I don't think you can tear the down that easy." She muttered and with that she left the room.

Kat's POV

I walked in the living room to find Louis watching the TV. I plopped on the couch with him.

"Hey Kitty Kat." Louis smiled. And for some reason I went over and started hugging him. I'm not sure why but it all came out. All the sadness. All the tears. And especially all the heartbreak. Louis craddled me in his arms and I buried my face in his chest. I didn't deserve this... After ten minutes of this I got myself together and looked Lou in the eyes.

"What happened." He simply asked.

"I walked in and Niall... He was kissing Jade. But I don't deserve this heartbreak, not again." I whispered.

"What do you mean?" He sounded sounded really annoyed by the fact that Niall had kissed Jade.

"My ex boyfriend, Jay cheated on me after a year. A year. I walked in, and he was kissing another girl!" I started crying again.

"Shhh..."" He tried reassuring me. I finally got myself together and sat up on the couch. We sat silently until Niall walked in. He stared at how big and puffy my blue eyes were. He just stood there and stared; looking lost. It looked like he didn't want to believe it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

So here it is you guys!!! Dramatic, I know. But you'll see.

I think I'll post chapter 1 of "There used to be five" sometime today. We got, like 13 reads on the prologue. So thanks!!!!

And Merry almost Christmas!!