14

THE ORPHEUM

~*~

Hadley and julie were in her green room preparing for the show. both girls had changed into new outfit, hadley just wanted to be a bit more dressed up and professional looking. she also wore a leather jacket that she had bought a few years ago. she'd never worn it until now because it never felt right, but it was like she had bought it for this occasion. it reminded her of reggie and she was sure she would be wearing more often now, once they cross over.

hadley was helping julie with her make up when a knock at the door surprised both girls.

"julie, i've got your roadie." the stage managers voice comes through the door.

"come in," hadley calls and the door opens to reveal flynn with a giddy smile.

"holograms are good to go bosses." she tells them, walking into the room.

"best roadie ever." julie rolls her eyes jokingly and the stage manager chuckles slightly.

"i'll be back in a few minutes to walk you to the stage." he nods at julie, who smiles back.

"thanks rob." she says and he turns to exit the room. flynn waits until the door had shut behind him to start speaking to the girls.

"do you see this backstage pass! i had sushi with Brendon Urie!" she exclaims.

"good for you." julie says, somewhat sarcastically. "i threw up in the car on the way over here."

"and you still look amazing." hadley reminds her, leaning on the back of julie's chair.

"i made friends with the tech crew!" flynn tells them. "you guys are going to love what we have planned." she pauses and looks around slightly. "the guys are here right?"

julie sighs and looks down as hadley bites her lip nervously.

"we haven't seen them." the blonde admits, making flynn's face fall.

"wait, you don't think they changed their minds and took calebs offer, do you?" she asks quickly and both girls shake their heads.

"no, no. that's the last thing that they wanted." julie says, her voice wavering at the end. flynn sighs and steps closer beside hadley, all three of them turning to look at each other in the mirror.

"you're gonna kill it." flynn says confidently, making both hadley and julie feel slightly better. "we should get some snacks." flynn suggests and they nod.

"yeah, that's a good idea." hadley agrees, already moving to the table to grab a bowl of cheese puffs and flop onto the couch. flynn and julie laugh slightly and join her on the couch.

after a few minutes of eating in silence, hadley got up to grab her guitar. she had brought it so she could help julie rehearsing a little bit more before going on stage. she had learned the song from reggie about a week ago.

they ran through the song a few times, until julie's nerves were causing her to lose focus. hadley set her guitar down, leaning it against the couch and grabbed julie's hands pulling her up from the seat.

"you need to shake out your nerves a little bit." hadley told her a julie nods, taking a deep breath. "just do this." hadley began shaking her arms and legs widely, bouncing around. "trust me, it works." she nods at julie, who then joins in, flailing her limbs randomly.

it was a strange technique but it seemed to work for the girls. flynn joined them on her feet and the three girls jumped around together for a few moments.

"okay, that was super weird but i actually feel better." flynn says with a laugh and julie nods.

"me too." julie says, surprised.