pictures of you

"A mother's love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible" – Marion C. Garretty

this chapter is a look back on memories so it's a little fluffy and angsty :) ALSO it's pretty short so i apologize

•••

"jen, i miss her already," emily sighed, curling up next to her on the couch. the mid morning light streamed into the living room, and the scene would have been perfect if luna had been there- and if that morning had not occurred. jj had gotten there a few minutes post penelope's call, bagels in hand for the three of them.

an everything, a cinnamon raisin, and a sesame (luna's, emily's and jj's respectively)- had been picked up from the out of town bagel shop that the prentiss's adored, and jennifer was willing to drive the extra few miles if it meant making them happy.

however, instead of the two people she loved most dancing around in the kitchen, she was met by emily with her head between her knees trying to stifle an oncoming panic attack. it wasn't unusual per say for jj to see emily be vulnerable- but this time she was unsure if she agreed with her.

practically no one was made aware of emily's own prior struggles with bulimia, the select few were instructed by the brunette to keep it a secret. jj knew all too well that emily was still partially struggling, for she was sometimes met with the same excuses luna would doll out- maybe just out of habit, but at this point jj couldn't tell.

no, jayje don't worry i had brunch earlier so i'm stuffed. jj i swear i had dinner last night, i truly don't need breakfast. -jj had truly heard it all.

chastising and prodding only did so much with how stubborn she was, and sometimes emily's silent ambition truly clouded what her body actually needed.

"when she was little, she was like my little baby angel, ya know?" emily sniffled, moving to pick up a baby picture of luna from the coffee table. now, she hates me- a thought to be kept only to herself, jen would not have agreed with that sentiment that's for sure.

"she still is, that girl practically worships the ground you walk on." jennifer chuckled as she combed her fingers through emily now long hair. for some reason, the action was always comforting to both prentiss women- often rooting them back down to reality when their minds were up in space.

"look at that face," she whispered, stroking over luna's cheek in the photo. many of luna's baby pictures were solely of herself- seeing as emily was usually the only one interested in taking them. the select few she had of luna and herself were at random holiday parties that john or his friends threw, but she was grateful to look back and see herself within these memories that she had always held so dear.