the party

the party

when we got to ashton's place the party was already in full action. i spotted dom out on the porch smoking.

"those will kill you y'know"

"yeah, yeah" he said as he passed the cigarette to me. i laughed and inhaled 

"where is everybody else?"

"out back by the fire"

ashley slowly walked our way and sheepishly stood out in front of us joining the conversation.

"may i?" she asked motioning towards the cigarette

"uh yeah, didnt know you smoked"

"been trying to quit, not really working out though"

"i can see that"

they started talking about some tv show, i wasn't super interested so i went back over to megan and sierra. 

"wanna go find the others?"

"yeah"

"dom and ashley are so cute" sierra said pointing at them. dom had his arm around her shoulder, they looked deep in conversation

"awwee" we all said as we walked past them

"alright, alright" dom said and looked down trying to hind the fact that he was blushing but i saw it.

he turned to ashley and asked

"you wanna go with em?"

"will you come too?"

"yeah"

"then yeah!"

we all walked throughout the house making our way through sweaty bodies. music blared from speakers laid around the room, most people seemed to be dancing. although there were many people off in separate rooms or just making out wherever they could. we stopped at the kitchen to make some drinks.

"SYDNEY?!?!"

"KAYKAY!!"

we ran straight into each others arms, her wrapping her legs around me.

"when the hell did you get back?" i questioned as she detached herself from me

"last night, figured you were gonna be here so i wanted to surprise all of you"

"mmm but lets be real how was ash last night?" i asked wiggling my eyebrows at her

"oh stop it!" she hit my arm

"oi whatcha do that for?"

"come on"

we all ended up in a big group hug, ashley, sierra, kaykay, megan, gigi, maya, ashlyn and crystal. that was always our group some knowing eachother longer but they were all equally my best friends. i dont know where i would be without them, we have had our ups and downs and we are certainly not perfect but it just works. ive known kaykay longer than dom actually, our parents went to highschool together and were best friends, we were bound to be. the others besides dom, we met near the end of middle school. we hung out over the summer and started highschool together, for the longest time dom was the only guy in our friend group. that quickly changed after we met, zayn. he was a really quiet kid he went to a different middle school than us but, gigi had him in her science class before lunch and invited him to sit with us. turns out he had a very loud group of friends who joined us as well. and that's how we met harry, louis, niall, and liam, which in turn led us to meet michael, calum, luke, and ashton. 

everyone seemed to click, we soon became that group, but the less popular version. for the longest time, the girls would talk about who they liked in the group, but would never get with them because they didnt want to ruin the friend group. ash and kaykay were the first to get together and the first to break up and then get back together. soon after its like everyone realized they could do it, so it was luke and sierra, michael and crystal, zayn and gigi, liam and maya. i can't forget about nialler he met ashlyn over the summer of freshman year, they've been together ever since. it took up to half way through our sophomore year to have harry and louis get together, we all saw it, we just didnt want to push them. dom introduced meg to colson at the end of this year. dom has always had a crush on ashley and her on him, I think its best if they figure that out on their own. as for me and cal we've been single, cal has had some girlfriends here and there but the didnt really last, the same for me actually. calum and i have talked about what it would be like for us to be together but i really see all the boys as my big brothers.

we ended up sitting around the fire for about 30 minutes just talking some absolute shit.

"no i mean c'mon rossi is hot!" i said through all the laughter

"hes like 70!" gigi yelled

"and H. O. T" i spelled out for them

"oi what rubbish are you talkin bout?"

"papa rossi from criminal minds" mikey said mimicking our voices

"alright! aye megan wheres colson?"

"said he should be here soon, had to pick up a friend he wanted to introduce us to"

"OOO a friend, you here that syd!"

"oh stop, c'mon lets go DANCEEE"

we refreshed our drinks on the way to the dance floor

"AYE! AYE! AYE! GET INTO ITTTT SYDD"

i was currently twerking like a crazy woman on maya her fully going with it. i stood up and draped my arm around the back of her neck a slowly slid down. 

after about an hour of dancing, we were all hot and sweaty, we went to the kitchen and lined up shots of vodka and brought some out to the boys, i noticed colson there talking with someone i didnt recognize out of the corner of my eye.

"we brought shots!" ashley said 

"COUNT OF THREE!"

"MiCHaEl YoUR'E YeLLiNg"

"one! two! three!"

the alcohol burned my throat and you could hear people coughing around the group.

everyone slowly settled around the fire again just talking lazily, when colson spoke up

"everyone, this is pete, a good friend of mine who just transferred to our school!"

"hi" he sheepishly said has he raise dit hand and did a little wave

"come sit man"

most seats were taken except one next to dom, and me on the other side of the fire. he slowly made his way to me and sat down. i saw the sly not so sly looks my friends were giving me, and the smirk plastered on colson's face.

"hey, i'm sydney " i waved

everyone went around and introduced themselves. the party slowly died down just a few people left besides us. 

"you guys just wanna stay here tonight" ash asked

we all looked around at each other and slowly nodded

"alright, be right back." he got up i heard him talking to some people in the living room, few minutes later he returned with a bottle fo vodka

"let's play truth or dare!" luke squealed from his seat

"yeah!" i agreed

"what are we back in middle school?"

"awe c'mon its fun"

"fine" colson sighed

"yay!"

"who starts?"

"i will" pete said