Chapter 8

*Kent*

The next morning, I escort Eva and Princess Alexia outside. Now that everything is settled, it is time for them to go. I will miss them, I must admit. I got used to having more people around.

Eva curtsies. "Thank you for extending your home to us," she says, "I will see you soon, I imagine." She turns away, but I stop her.

"Thank you. For everything. I mean it. I thought you were just going to make a potion for my father, but you did so much more than that. You saved our kingdom."

She smiles and then follows Vincent to the FC.

"Goodbye, Princess Alexia." I bow. "I will see you in the near future."

"I am sure you will," is all she says as she too boards the FC.

I stand there until they fly away.

***

*Alexia*

I plop down onto my own bed, realizing just how much I missed my bedroom. Eva sits down beside me.

"I can't believe that I actually did it. I saved Pluto," she says in a daze.

"Yes, you did." I smile. The second that she stepped foot into the council room, I began to pray, which seemed to have helped. I also had my flames ready to ignite if need be. "My best friend Eva is a heroine."

She snorts. "Yeah, not really."

"To Pluto, you are."

She looks away, always so humble. "We better head down for dinner. Don't want to leave your father waiting." She stands up, lending me a hand.

Together we head downstairs.

"It's good to have you back." My father watches me from over the brim of his glass. "How was your time in Pluto? Were you able to spend time with the prince?"

My fingers which are curled around the delicate stem of my glass, begin to turn white. "I wasn't there for the prince, Father. I wanted to see new scenery, so I followed Eva."

My father now turns to Eva. "The girl who saved Pluto." His strong voice reverberates across the large room. "The king must be very grateful to you."

She bows her head. "He was your highness. But my job there is done, now I am back home."

"Good. I believe you and Alexandra had enough excitement for the time being. Once everything is completely settled with Pluto, Prince Kent plans on returning to Mars to spend more time with his betrothed." His cold eyes are on me and my grip on the glass tightens. "It's about time we tie the knot, don't you agree?"

The glass in my hand shatters, tiny shards falling onto the table before me, the juice splattering all over my dress. "Oh my, how did that happen." I stand up. "I better go and change. Please excuse me."

I rush out of the dining room before he has the chance to say anything.

***

*Eva*

"Excuse me," I say as I pull the chair out and rise, "I'm going to check on the princess."

"Whose there?" Alexia's voice groans.

It's me," I reply as I open the door gently, "Are you okay?" Alexia has taken off her stained clothes and put on new ones.

"Not really."

"I know," I respond through a half smile, "I actually made you something. I'm going to go get it. I hope it cheers you up."

A couple of minutes later I'm presenting Alexia with the pillow I sewn for her. A throw pillow. It's purple-toned and in the shape of a crown.