Insanity

~All my life, one thing I'd ever craved; the only thing I'd ever wanted...was to be loved by you.~
...

Dan stepped outside and for some reason, his insides felt chilled like there was something cold inside of him.

He let out a breath.

Since he was convinced his friends were safe, he was going to face Him-Lucifer.

He got into Rebecca's car. He had only one place in mind-he was going to the park.

Dan was about to leave when he heard his name. Dan looked in the direction of the voice and his eyes widened to the size of saucers-it was Rebecca coming straight for him.

"Where do you think you're going?!"

'What is she doing outside?!'

"Rebecca! Go back in!"

Dan's eyes widened as she didn't stop but continued charging towards him.

Dan got out of the car.
"What do you think you're doing?!"

Dan's heart was racing with fear and his hand trembled.

The Church was like a kind of safe zone. The Pastor had said she'd be safe. He didn't know how but he had a feeling the Pastor would be able to keep her safe.

Dan walked towards her.
"Why are you being like this?"
She stopped in front of him.

"How dare you run away?!"

"I'm not running away Rebecca, I'm trying to protect you!"

Her brows furrowed.
"I never asked you to protect me, you couldn't protect Lily, how could you possibly protect me?!"

Dan's eyes widened and he shut up.
His eyes lowered and he bit his lip.

"I could never forgive myself for that, " he said quietly.

"But why would you...say that to me?"

Dan stared at her.
"You have no idea how hard it is, how much pain I'm constantly in, how much I..."

His voice quieted.

"How much I miss her."

"You're the closest thing I have to Lily and I'll go to hell first before I let anything happen to you or Philip."

He stared into her eyes.

Rebecca's eyes widened at what she saw in them.
They were the fiercest she'd ever seen.
"So you better go back inside the church."

Dan sighed.
"Please, for my own sanity."

Dan turned and was about opening the car when he felt arms around him.

He felt her forehead rest against him.
"I'm sorry Dan." She didn't know why she was apologizing but she felt like she needed to.

"I'll wait in the church, I don't know where you're running off to, just..."

"...just don't die, " she whispered as tears fell down her eyes.

"I may just be Lily's look alike but to me you're..." She didn't say it. She felt like nothing would change even if she did say it, but then she said it anyway.

"You're my hope."

Dan's eyes widened.

He turned to her slowly and stared into her eyes. His heart raced when he saw her tears. He closed his eyes and sighed.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you."
He looked at her.
"But I'm leaving, I'll come back in one piece, I promise."

He gave her a grin and her heart skipped several beats.