chapter 19: I still have a chance

After a little while of catching up Pyrrha just sat holding Jaune's hands, he had told her about haven and the journey to argus, all about jinn, all about Ozpin. All about Salem. But Ruby didn't let him tell Pyrrha Salem can't die..... If he did then she might tell the general, it was just for caution. Pyrrha told them all about everything she'd been through since she woke up, leaving out the bits that described her insecurity, that mentioned her hallucinations.... She didn't want them to know how damaged she truly was.

After a while Winter and Penny walked in, Penny offered to show everyone to their rooms, saying that Pyrrha needed a bit of space then in the morning she would be fine to get up and get back to normal. Once everyone left the room the with Penny, Winter sat beside the bed and looked at Pyrrha "The general is talking about going after the spring maiden and the summer maiden. He wants... You to be the summer and fall maiden. If we are able to get them that is."
"And I'm guessing he wants you to be the winter and spring maiden? Why not four different people? Or does he not trust any one else to be a maiden?"
Winter took a long pause, she must have been thinking, or wrestling wytg the idea of saying what she was going to say "it's better for him to keep his trust circle small.... I'd he opens it to too many people then there's the chance there will be a repeat of what happened to Leonardo. He's just trying to keep Atlas and Remnant safe Pyrrha, you know that."

The rest of the night all Pyrrha thought and dreamed about was what Winter had told her... She was genuinely afraid. Afraid to become the maiden, last time she tried that Ozpin died and she nearly died. Because Ozpin chose her... Beacon fell. Because she took so long to agree... Beacon fell.

She awoke to a loud yelling, and the smell of pancakes "AHH!?" Her eyes widened to see what the danger could be... Nora was millimeters from her face holding a plate full of pancakes "oh... It's you Nora, good morning" she rolled back over as if this happe we everyday, like they were back at beacon....
"Come on! I- Ren made breakfast! You can't waste it! Mainly cause I have a limit to the amount I'm allowed to eat....." She pouted, sticking her bottom lip out and whining like a puppy.
"Don't worry Nora I'll sneak you some Pancakes when he isn't looking okay?"
Ren quickly turned and have Pyrrha a deaths Stare, as if wanting to hurt her for that statement... It sent chills down her spine hut other than that she just ignore it.

Nora and ren and all the others were then sent to go get their new gear and outfits, which was fine, Pyrrha needed to get up and talk to Marrow anyway, this would give her a chance to... She got dressed pretty quickly, getting her uniform and weapons ready before going off to find Marrow... What was she supposed to say? I'm sorry I kissed you but my boyfriend is back now so bye? I'm sorry I kissed you I was just sad? Your a good kisser even tho I was using you?

"Marrow?" She managed to find him, he was waiting for Harriet in one of the halls, they must be getting ready for the mission too. She walked over and instinctively ran her fingers through his hair, it was messy from sleeping, and it irritated her that it was just slightly off... The moment she touched his hair Marrow pushed her against the wall and roughly pushed his lips against hers... He knew she loved Jaune, but maybe he was better... Maybe he still had a chance. She didn't seem to struggle.