chapter 20: little Jauney boy

She felt her back hit the wall and her eyes widened, she opened her mouth to speak, what the hell was he doing? He had forcefully shoved her against the wall out of nowhere! "M-" before she could even get a word out she felt his lips against hers, but... She didn't struggle, she didn't object... She closed her eyes and kissed him back.

Marrows tail wagged like a puppy who was told they were going walkies, he was actually kissing her? And she was kissing back?! If this was a dream he refused to wake up. And if this was real, he refused to let her go. He wrapt his right arm around her waist, and put his left hand on her face, holding her close... She still wasn't struggling.

Jaune was sat talking to Ruby, he was still trying to wrap his head around Everything, everything was amazing... It felt too good to be true, the love of his life was alive, she was healthy.. well reasonably healthy. The relics all seemed to be safe, they had made it to atlas, and they were going to get communications back up to tell the world the truth. Everything was perfect...

"Okay Ruby I'm gonna go check on Pyrrha, knowing Nora she's left her in bed and is force-feeding her so I'm just gonna make sure they haven't tortured her with food" he smiled and grabbed his shield, putting it on his back while he looked around. It was so hard to remember which way was even up in this place, it was like a huge clean military maze.

"Oh come on... Where even am I? God I hate this place.." he just kept wondering, until he heard something, sounded a bit like Pyrrha, he smiled at the sound of her voice and followed it, it wasnt even a word she spoke, just a sound but he knew it was her. He turned a corner and then stood in shock, the smile on his face gone, not a trace of that smile was left. And nothing was perfect anymore.

He felt small and insignificant. This was how he felt when Cardin bullied him... He was just 'poor little Jauney boy' a pathetic child who lied his way into beacon, couldn't handle a single Grimm, couldn't even hold proper stance. A pathetic child. Nothing more...

Although the sadness started to fade... He was no longer sad. He was... Angry. He felt like there was a fire consuming his soul. A rage feeding on his every breath. He balled his fists, if his nails were any longer he'd probably draw blood from his own palms.