Memories Soon to be Forgotten

(So Hi Welcome back! Here's the second chapter hope you like it! I made Zenitsu pretty self deprecating in this chapter so just for waring also fuck kaigaku. Enjoyyyyy!)

Zenitsu's POV

I'm so hungry....and so cold....why does everything hurt? I feel like my body is on the verge of giving out....I grip onto Gramps Haori that now hung over my shoulders. I wish I hadn't woken up. A warm darkness tries to consume my body on the daily, taking over all sense of right and wrong. Pain and hunger, I have to resist with every fiber of my being to not give in to my desires. Red I hate that disgusting color....

I had woken up on the porch in the cold snow, blood surrounding me in a disgusting puddle. I immediately found Gramps who laid with his sword directly in front of me cold on the forest floor. He was unmoving, frozen in a protective stance, snow flakes sprinkled on his now cold body. He no longer contained that beautiful sound I'd found comfort in so many times, his eyes had lost their fierce glow. He really was...dead...and it was all my fault. He would never smile or scold me again. He would never have to deal with my worthless, pathetic ass again. I picked him up from the blood covered snow and cried for him. That had to be the worst day of my life. I spent a good month mourning him before my hunger began to consume me. Now here I sit pathetically quivering on the cold wooden floor.

I don't remember much before waking up on the bloody porch that day.

 But something tied me to this house, a promise of some sorts. 

I know something is or was coming and I needed to wait here for it.... but I don't know what. 

I shivered trying to gather any form of heat. I'm now a disgusting creature, I can't withstand the rays of sun. I'm forced to prowl at night stealing meats and animals from the neighboring houses just to sustain my hunger. I had even resorted to eating rats! After I found Gramps I retreated into the house to wallow in my sorrow only leaving to bury him when the night sky could hide the color that has now taken over this place. Only the darkness could hide the filth that I am. No matter how hard I scrub or cry the stains of red, the blood would not go away. It's as if they tease me for being to weak. To weak to live, to weak to fight, to weak to run, to weak to even die. I'm a coward...a useless coward. A heartbeat suddenly plagued my pessimistic thoughts. Two heartbeats in fact, both alive with sounds of kindness and determination echoing throughout them. It's one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard. Soothing, comforting, and just so warm. I begin to cry, tears staining my cheeks leaving me feeling weak and pitiful as usual. I want to run and hide. But the door suddenly flings open before I could even move an inch.

Tanjiro's POV

As we made our way laughing a smiling up the hill Nezuko grows excited rushing off to gaze as the beautiful blossoms. I laugh at her antics and quickly run over to join her. That's when it hits me, I  pick up a scent I hate more than life itself... Blood. I make eye contact with Nezuko, our smiles and laughter long gone. We immediately run towards the house standing alone in the middle of the orchard. The branches hit my face as I was a little less than graceful being way out of practice. Nezuko made it to the door first landing softly and gracefully on the porch. The smell of blood was quite old, yet I could still pick it up. I approached the door quietly just to notice the sickening sight of old blood surrounding it in some kind of fucked up halo. I took one more sniff of the air before nodding at Nezuko. She busts open the door and to my surprise we come face to face with a blonde beauty whimpering and shaking on the floor.

Authors note

Sorry for any spelling errors! Oh when Zenitsu became a demon his hair turned from black to gold. Also another fun fact in this fanfic Nezuko refused to wear the female Demon Slayer uniform and ended up stealing Inosukes because he never wears a shirt anyways. Also Nezuko has such short hair she can often get mistaken for a male. Byeeeeee see ya'll soon!!