2

"You know that you could always come back to Jackson." Ellie reminded her, pulling their body closer to her own bare one. She met (Y,n) at the age of sixteen, out on patrol with Jesse and Kyle when they stumbled upon the girl's apartment building. (Y,n) had claimed an entire apartment building to herself making it to where there was only two exits, the front door, and the basement window, the kids were lucky she didn't try and kill them that day. Now they laid in each other's arms, slightly covered in sweat after a night of sexual acts, three years later.

"I could... But Issac would send out a search party for me," Ellie knew that (Y,n) didn't live the building, just used it as a rendezvous point in her long travels with people from her community. Instead, she lived somewhere in Seattle with tons of people, and the man who ran everything there just happened to be her father so even though she had the freedom to go wherever, whenever, the eighteen-year-old couldn't stay out for long. Not with the war going on between the Scars and WLF.

"You can run away, we can run away," This made the (S,c) girl lift her head from Ellie's chest with a raised eyebrow. "I mean it, we can run off to California or Ohio. Somewhere far away... Wouldn't that be nice?" She asked, using her free hand to hold the younger woman's face.

"It would be nice."

__

Joel and Tommy never made it to the check-in point where Jesse was waiting. She and Dina had decided to hold up in one of Eugene's hidden safe houses but didn't realize how much time they spent in the basement smoking weed and talking, Ellie felt stupid for not going up and checking if the snowstorm had passed.

"Joel!? Tommy!?" She yelled out if the men, ridding Shimmer through the thick snow. Once she noticed the pile of dead infected in front of the old skiing lodge she knew they had to be there. "How do get down there?" Ellie hopped off Shimmer and tied her reigns to a tree branch, telling her to stay put. She jumped down a ledge and ran through the woods having to raise her legs up with each step as the fresh snow made her sink down,

"Joel? Tommy?" Ellie called out for them as the lodges fence came into view. She squeezed through the hole and pulled out her pistol, it was too quiet and the missing men weren't replying to her worried yells, making a bad feeling settle deep into her stomach.

__

"Are you fucking kidding me?" (Y,n) threw her Uno cards on the table once her secret lover placed two draw fours and two Uno reverse cards to the pile, completely emptying her hands with that single dreaded word to be followed.

"Twenty seven to five now. Are you sure you know how to play this game? 'Cause I doubt that you do" Ellie laughed, flipping open her butterfly knife to add another tally to the wooden table underneath her initials. During their time together, the women would either stay in (Y,n)'s building, check out shops that caught their eye or sit at the park playing board and card games that always ended with the oldest winning.

Every twenty days they would leave their community and travel to her building to see one another, even if it was a longer trip for (Y,n) she'd be there no matter what. They were madly in love. "How about we go hop on some Call of duty then we'll see who doesn't know how to play a game," (Y,n) challenged.

"Uh, no. We're not going all the back there just for me to kick your ass in another game them make bets with our food," Ellie told her, slinging her bag onto the table and pulled out her journal. It was time to add another entry, a simple one.

"Oh ho! You really think you can beat at that game?" Ellie gave her a nod, scribbling something down in her journal with a smile on her face.