the fifth chapter.

05

" END "

jet found herself awkwardly standing behind her new friend. they stood in the very front of the small arena, and the boxing ring looked much bigger than jet expected.

she took a peek at the two unfamiliar boys standing in front of ashton. very, very crimson hair sat messily on top of one guy's head, a playful smirk plastered on his face. the other one, however, was far more intimidating. he had dark brown curly hair, with a streak of blond. he stood with his arms folded and his face stern.

"hey," she heard a voice call out. "who are you?" the voice was gentler than she thought it would be. "i'm calum." the boy stepped closer to jet, sticking out his hand.

completing the handshake, jet smiled, weight off her shoulders when she learned he was friendly. "i'm jet."

"that's dope," the other boy butted in. "i'm michael," he grinned, raising his fist.

the girl chuckled softly at this, but still bumped her fist with his. "i know this is gonna sound weird, but you guys are so fucking tall."

"that's because we're all taller than six foot," ashton laughed. "but you should see luke. he's taller than us."

jet furrowed her brows. "who's luke?"

"he's our friend, and he's gonna be fighting tonight. he's the champ," michael explained, sitting down with his hands behind his head. the rest of them sat down, as well—jet sitting in between calum and ashton. "so, are you ready?"

she nodded her head, "ready."

"okay then, the show's about to begin."

the lights returned to its dark state, the main light becoming brighter than before. she didn't notice earlier, but the fighters had already taken their places in the ring.

"alright, ladies and gentlemen, tonight's fighters are peter matthews and your champion," the same voice from earlier shouted out. "luke hemmings!"

and due to michael's explanation of luke, there was no doubt in jet's mind that he was their luke. he was tall, slim, and his muscles seemed to be sculpted perfectly. his short, blond, wavy hair laid on top of his forehead, and a sly smirk showing on his face.

peter matthews, who jet learned was the opponent, swung first, but missed terribly. luke swiftly moved past him, releasing a quick jab onto peter's face. peter stumbled backwards a bit, despite the blond only hitting him lightly.

was he that strong?  jet asked herself, immediately intrigued by luke's fighting style. he was light on his feet, and his arms seemed to flow with his body. he had perfect control.

and because of peter's small stumble, luke started charging at him with powerful blows, his body doing just what it needed, nothing less and nothing more.

the four of them were close enough to the ring to hear their heavy breaths and the impact of each punch. jet was fully absorbed by the fight as she watched intensely, observing each and every small move from each of the players.

but she widened eyes and sat straight when she heard a low whisper coming from luke hemmings himself.

"okay, matthews, show me what you got before i fucking end your career."

•••