the tenth chapter.

10

" NEVERMIND "

jet rushed to turn off the music before opening the door to reveal her angry neighbor. "i'm so sorry for being so noisy. it won't happen again, i swe—oh." the very furious luke hemmings was standing outside her doorway shirtless, looking exhausted and irritated as ever.

in all honesty, jet wanted to cry right then and there—but for obvious reasons, she had to contain her tears and ran her fingers through her messy hair. "so..." she let out a nervous chuckle. "you're my neighbor. small world, am i right?"

he rolled his eyes and stood up straight, walking back to the apartment across hers. he stepped into his place, turning around to face the girl, who looked as if she was six and getting put into time out. "keep the music down, got it?"

and then he slammed the door, leaving her no room to respond. she sighed, dragging her feet back to her bedroom. she flopped onto her bed as she cuddled up against her favorite stuffed penguin, oliver.

"out of all people, it just had to be him?" jet mumbled to herself, adjusting her position. and soon, she found herself dozing off.

however, her slumber was cut short by a certain noise that wasn't coming from her apartment. confused, she sat up in her bed as she rubbed the sleepiness out of her eyes. but that wasn't needed, for a string of moans echoed throughout, what jet assumed by the volume, the whole floor.

she groaned, "what the fuck?", and got to her feet, shuffling to the living room. the girl dropped herself onto her very comfortable couch and switched on the tv.

jet was never one to fall back asleep multiple times after her initial wake, and it's the reason why she can't maintain her sleep schedule.

so as she clicked through numerous channels, finding nothing that captured her attention, jet was bored out of her mind. and the awful noises coming from the blond's apartment didn't help either. all she wanted was to sleep, but unfortunately for her, she simply couldn't.

she checked the time on her phone. "4:17 in the fucking morning," she sighed, rolling her eyes.

and when the sixth deafening moan rang all the way to her living room, the pink-haired girl had had enough. she marched her way to the obnoxious boy's door, pounding heavily on it nonstop.

"shut the fuck up! it's four in the fucking morning! give it a rest!" she shouted before stomping back to her place. she sighed contently after not hearing a single creak, and went back to her hunt for a good movie to watch.

eventually, the late night had faded into the morning, and jet was fucking exhausted. she got dressed, so she could take some photos of the city—it wasn't her ideal job, but anything that included photography sufficed.

personally, jet was more of a concert photographer. she had been on multiple tours with popular bands as their photographer/videographer, like fall out boy and the all-american rejects, which were incredibly exciting for her. but because of her recent move, she hadn't gotten many opportunities to tour. she didn't fret, though, because she had only been there for a week.

a monochrome black outfit hugged her body, and her short, pink hair was tied into two small pigtails that rested on top of her head. her camera bag hung around her shoulder, with her extra equipment clutched in her hand.

she rushed out of the apartment building, only to bump into someone. "fuck, i'm sor—nevermind."

•••