1

Miranda laid in bed beside Tucker but she couldn’t sleep. Her back was continuously aching. She tried to put a pillow up under her stomach to take the pressure off her back but nothing helped.

The next day Miranda walked around at work with her patient’s charts in her hand. Accidentally dropping one on the floor. She bent down to pick it up.

“Uggh.” Miranda complained about her back.

“What’s wrong.”  Arizona asked as her and Callie came around the corner.

“My back has been killing me for a few days now.” Miranda said.

“Oh dang.” Callie said.
“I’m thinking about just going to the chiropractor.” Miranda groaned.

“You might just be stressed.”

Miranda looked at her with a raised eyebrow wanting her to elaborate.

“You know you and Tucker haven’t been on good terms, you work long hours and you have a 10 month old baby.” Callie explained.

“Why don’t you go get a massage. There was a place I use to love to go to, not to far from here.

Although I haven’t been since they got new management, but I’m pretty sure the people are still good.” Arizona offered looking through her phone.
She wrote this number down and handed to Miranda.

“Okay thank you. I will try this. Maybe we can all go for a group massage one day.” Miranda suggested.

“Oh that would be great and we could do like a spa day.” Callie said smiling.

Miranda called and set up an appointment for tomorrow. She was catching the late appointment, so she could go straight there we she got off of work.

Miranda walked into the massage place with her purse on her shoulder. She went to the front desk and told the woman about her 7:15 appointment.

“Okay ma’am, take this paper and fill out the kind of pain and location, that way we could better inform the masseuse on what to pay extra attention to.”

“Okay. No problem.” Miranda replied sitting down with the clip board and checking the boxes.
She walked back up to the lady and handed her the clip board.

“I think we’ll start with a deep tissue of the back, do the thighs for your sciatic” she said “and then maybe a hot rock to relax those tighter muscles.”

“Hot rocks.” Miranda questioned.

The woman chuckled. “They aren’t as hot as you think, and they help promote sleep, reduces anxiety and stress, helps relive muscle pain and muscle tension.”

Miranda gave her a slight smile and nodded her head. Everything sounded wonderful.

Miranda was lead to a room into the back. When she walked in she saw that it was dimly lit and she saw the candles around that burned off the scent of french vanilla. She heard the soft r and b music that gave off a comfortable vibe and feeling.

“ All you have to do is take your clothes off and then place them here. Wrap this towel around you and lay on that table flat against your stomach.” The woman from the front desk instructed.
Miranda did as told and she laid her head down closing her eyes.

Enjoying her alone time. Miranda was face down on the massage table; her head positioned in that little depression when she heard a male voice behind her.

“ Good evening I’m Benjamin, shall we get started.” He said.

Miranda wanted to look back at the man to see the face of the males voice. His voice was deep and smooth.
She remained silent but silently nodded her head. She never took in the fact that it would have been a male giving her a massage.
She instantly felt nervous.
She felt the towel that was on her body slip down, revealing her back and adjusting, covering her butt more.