4 - Dreaming Dream

Dream said it was fine if I stole a hoodie from his closet if I wanted. I had completely forgotten to bring my own. I stepped into his room to change and eyed his closet carefully, that's where he had said it was. I opened the closet door, his signature green hoodie hung up clumsily, barely hanging onto the hanger. I reached for it but pulled back. My stomach ached at that, I wanted to take it. To slip it over me and wrap it around myself but I stopped myself. That was weird. Weird for me to even think something like that, it wasn't fair to Dream for me to think of it like that. Instead, I slipped on my own shirt and walked out the door. I would go and buy my own hoodie in the next few days.

When I got back to the kitchen Dream was nearly finished cleaning up. He was gracefully placing the dishes in the sink and putting leftovers in containers. Probably to snack on later if we wanted. He grabbed the sponge from its holder and turned on the warm water, softly humming to himself he scrubbed the dishes. He didn't notice when I walked in so I grabbed a towel and hopped onto the counter next to him. Swinging my legs a little as I waited for him to hand me the clean dishes. He made eye contact with me, a little surprised at my actions but then chuckled and handed me the first plate. We sat in silence, as I listened to him sing the most absurd songs, songs that I never would have thought to be sung so sweetly but he made it work. His gentle tone somehow complimented the demented lyrics. Just when I begged inside my head for it to never end, I realized he hadn't given me any more dishes and I heard the soft creak of the faucet handle turning off.

"Sapnap is going to be here early tomorrow. We can either stay up all night or get a good night's sleep?" Dream asked, looking up at me. This is the first time I've been able to look down at him. I could see his face perfectly, he was even more attractive when you had the full view.

"I think we both know the answer to that question," I said hopping off the counter.

...

"Oh Dreaaam!" I said we were just hanging out in the SMP with Bad and Quackity. Me and him somehow got into a massive game of Hide and seek in the world. I was this round's seeker. Dream was hidden in the makeshift Denny's that he and Quackity had created not too long ago. "I know you're there..." He had dug down and into the same hole, he was going into during that passed stream. I broke the block of grass and saw his green head.

"Damn! I thought that was a good spot!" He cursed, laughing softly.

"I was bound to find you at some point, I mean the border was small." We had decided that we had to stay in a certain block radius to keep it fair.

"Ugh, have you found everyone yet?"

"Yeah, Bad and Quackity are waiting," I laughed, Quackity had always found the weirdest ways to entertain his stream.

We made our way back to the starting point and met up with the other two. When Quackity got there he had just started reading a dono.

"'George's mic sounds worse than usual. And it sounds like he and Dream are in the same room.' Oh Is that true Dream?" Quackity knew it was true, he had heard all about our plan when all of us were talking about it on discord. Dream and I laughed, giving in. We weren't going to tell them unless they had noticed. And we knew they were bound to at some point.

"Yes, it is," He laughed, "He's staying here in America for a little while. He's just been hanging out here." Dream said I knew why he had said that. We didn't mind feeding the shippers, but telling them we were staying together wasn't a good idea.

"Oh God, the chat is flipping out," Quackity said, laughing as we pulled out the stream to see for ourselves. He was right, they were going crazy. Dream and I were dying of laughter.

It was nearly midnight by the time that his stream was over. Five more hours and we would be getting Sapnap. I was excited but for some reason, I had nervous butterflies in my stomach. "I'm gonna work on this plugin, you can go out there if you want. You don't have to stay in here," I looked over at him, and smiled.

"Nah, I can stay in here for a while. But that was a long stream and now my back hurts from sitting upright for so long," I laughed, cracking my back as I stretched. I eyed his bed for a moment, it looked so much comfier than the couch.

"You can lay down if you want," He said, noticing my glance.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I mean as long as you feel like you're clean enough. I don't want you in my bed if you feel gross yourself." He laughed, almost joking. But I knew he was serious about it. I didn't like getting into my bed dirty either.

"I'll go shower, I want to anyway. How long do you think that plugin will take?"

"Quite a while, I haven't even started yet," He chuckled.

...

I was drying my hair when I walked into his room. I had sweatpants and a white T-shirt on. He told me I could throw my towel into the hamper by his bed, which I did. I threw myself onto his bed, it smelled so clean. It was soft and comfy and smelled like him. Weirdly, he always smelled like Lavender Laundry Detergent. My eyes were closing, feeling heavy until I heard Dream call my name.

"Yes?" I asked, my voice groggy, I didn't want to fall asleep in his bed, but I didn't want to get up either.

"Could you take a look at this? You're way better at this than I am," I chuckled getting up and walked over to him. Looking over his shoulder and skimming the screen.

"Right there, you got the numbers wrong." Dream looked up at me, staring into my eyes. Studying my face. Then he pulled me in, and I let him. He was soft and smelled like his bedsheets. He pulled me into his lap and I melted at his touch.

My eyes shot open, and I glanced around the darkroom. I was in bed, and I could see Dream's clock on his bedside. He was next to me and must have gotten into bed. It was three o'clock in the morning. That dream. What was that? Had I never left the bed? He didn't ask for my help? It all felt so real, he felt so real.

It was just a dream. Nothing more than my mind scrambling around weird thoughts and ideas and putting them into weird arrangements in my head. My mind playing some sick joke on me. I glanced at Dream again and watched his body rise and fall with his breaths. He was on his side, he wasn't even in the same clothes that he was in my dream. Another indication that none of it was real. I nearly laughed out loud.

Kissing Dream.

I shouldn't have even had that in my head.

I've never had that in my head before.

Kissing Dream.

Never.  I scoffed. 

--------------

1.2K Words 

Have a nice day loves! Here's a hug for those who need it! <3