3 - I Could only Hope

Hey, y'all sorry for the spam update! I'm excited to write this!!

XXX

I had almost eight bags on one arm when we got home, we had made it our mission to only have one trip. We both stumbled through the door, laughing from our conversation in the car.

"There is no way I would do that? I would much rather be a stripper than an accountant." Dream said dropping his bags on the island.

"What? Why on earth would you choose that?" I asked, doing the same as he did.

"Because at least I would have more adventures as a stripper! Being an accountant is just being... An accountant." I was laughing so hard my face was turning red. "Plus it's really good money, George. Like, really good money!" I couldn't help it, I could hardly breathe at this point. I doubled over laughing, this man's mind was something else.

"You're like a different breed or something Dream I swear!"

"You'd support me, right? I'd give you free shows...." Dream sung, getting closer to me. My face went crimson.

"Oh My God, you're terrible." I shoved him. "Leave the bread crumbs out. We can start stuff for dinner now." I walked over to his sink and washed my hands, Dream bumped me out of the way with his hip so he could do the same. "Stop, Dream," I whined, I got water all over my shirt because of him.

"Oh, it'll dry, be quiet." He laughed, I dried my hands with a towel and cracked an egg into a bowl. Whisking it quickly with a fork. "I'll start cutting the chicken." He said, I nodded, pouring the seasoned crumbs onto a plate. I glanced over at Dream, he was focused as he carefully sliced the chicken. He didn't look away from the plate. Strands of hair were covering his eyes.

 I had a plan. I ran to the bathroom and opened one of Dream's bathroom drawers. I had seen him open the same one this morning, so I knew there was nothing personal in it.  I knew that his sister had stayed over at his place quite often. It was regular for them to have sleepovers since he wasn't at home anymore. I grabbed one of her headbands from it and examined it. Bright lime green, perfect for Dream. I walked back out to the kitchen and showed him what I had found for him.

"Oh godddd," he was smiling, I walked over to him and slid it back on his head. All of the hair that was in his face was held in place under the band. I smiled.

"Cute," I let that comment slip, I panicked for a moment but when I saw him smile I didn't care. It was that smile again. The one that made me feel giddy inside.

"Thanks," He said slyly. My hands were still on his head, cupping his face up by his ears. I pulled away from him quickly. Now I had to rewash my hands. "You're cute too," he said from behind me. I couldn't see his face, and he couldn't see mine either. He couldn't see the way I had subconsciously chew my lip and bite back a smile. I was sure he was on the verge of wheezing, laughing at the fact that it was so easy to tease me. But when I turned around and saw him, he had a calm collected face. His eyes were soft and genuine.

"Thank you." I smiled.

...

"This is actually amazing," Dream said from across the table. I smiled.

"I know right? I'm a genius,"

"You really are. It's been ages since I've had chicken nuggets. And homemade food is so much better than driving through McDonald's."

"Of course it is. Especially when it's made by yours truly." I put a hand on my chest.

"Hey look, I helped." Dream said, smiling.

"Yeah, but I had to fix every mistake you made. Who tries to put the chicken in the oven without breading it? I swear, a man can hold a world record but doesn't have any common sense..." I said shaking my head. When I looked up from my plate he looked almost offended.

"Woah, rude. Can't believe you would ever speak to me like that..." He joked, I eyed my glass of water. Thinking for a moment. I picked it up and looked at it. Before throwing the water across the table and into Dream's face. His eyes went wide as he stared at the now empty glass in my hand. He swiftly did the same to me, before getting up and running to the kitchen. I ran after him to see what he was planning. He had the sink hose ready, and the tap water on. He pressed the button and water was everywhere on me. My clothes were drenched. I fought him for it. Trying to take the hose away from him. Water was splashing everywhere, and I knew that he had to be soaked too. We both fell to the ground. The hose was hanging over the counter still spraying both of us as we laid on our backs. Was the button stuck? It was only supposed to stay on if you were holding down the button.

"Oh, God!" I yelled laughing, shielding my face. Dream shot up and turned it off, so the water wasn't directly on me.

"Don't start things you can't finish Gogy." I laughed at the name, it was always weird when someone other than a fan called me that.

"Shut up, you had an advantage."

"How was that an advantage? I just thought of it before you did. That's just me being smart," I mocked him, mimicking his words as he spoke. 

"Ugh, I'm going to get dry clothes," I said, smiling back at him. "You can start cleaning up by the way. Payback for nearly messing up our meal." He stuck his tongue out at me. This trip was already going great. I was loving it here and we were barely even a day in. He was even more playful than he was on stream. I wondered if that was going to change when Sapnap got here. Probably not. He knows how Dream is, and it was nothing new for him to be this way. What was odd was that I was going further into it as each moment passed. I was getting flirtier and more playful each time that he did it to me. I wondered if I was going to change when Sapnap got here. Geez, I could only hope not.

XXX

1.1K words

Hey loves!! Hopefully, you enjoy it! Comments and Votes are greatly appreciated. And I love reading y'all's comments. It always makes me happy, so don't be afraid to interact with me! Also, I wanted to mention that I think we should give some extra love to the people on the Dream SMP. They deserve it! They make us all so happy and I think they need to be reminded how much they are loved. Remember, sometimes the ones that laugh the most are the ones that are hurting the worst. They make us feel so much better and we need to return the favor.  They are all beautiful, and I know that sometimes they read fics so, so with the smallest chance that one of them finds mine. You are beautiful and you are loved, and I know that it is hard to block out the hate but you have to keep moving even when it feels like your drowning in the toxicity. Move forward and remind yourself of your self-worth. That you do so much to make others laugh and live happy lives, and that you need to do the same for yourself too. This is for you as well readers. You're beautiful and you just have to keep trying.  Hope you all enjoyed it, and I hope I was YOUR escape from reality today and I hope I made you smile! We all need a little laughter and a place to getaway. 

-Author, AutumnsEscape