Chapter 2

Gulf stands frozen on the stage as he stares out into the crowd. His eyes straining to find the person who just 'bought' him.

While, in the dark at the back of the auditorium, a tall handsome man sits and smiles, while he continues to stare at Gulf. He softly whispers, "You are mine now, Gulf."

The man gets up and heads towards the table in the far corner of the auditorium. Still with a smile on his face, he reaches into his suit and grabs his wallet out. He needs to pay for his 'purchase', before anything happens.

Meanwhile, Gulf, still scanning the crowd, slowly walks backwards and stands next to the other men, who were auctioned off. However, he can't stand still. While the MC gives her closing comments and thanks everyone for coming, Gulf can't stand still. He shuffles his feet back and forth, not taking his eyes off the crowd.

As soon as the MC finishes, Gulf's mother rushes to him. "You did so good, son. I'm so proud of you, and you got the highest bid. Do you have any idea how much you have raised for the charity tonight? Not only did we reach our goal for this year, but we also have money to work on other things too. This is the best."

Gulf pulls his eyes off the crowd and looks down at his mother and smiles. "Mom, did you happen to see who was the winning bid?"

His mother shakes her head. "No, not really. He was standing in the back, and it was too dark to see exactly who it was. Why? It doesn't really matter. No matter what, you will spend the weekend with him at the resort. It has all been booked, so you don't have to worry about anything. I have already sent your bags to the room."

Gulf's eyes widen. "Mom! You didn't tell me that I wasn't leaving after this!"

His mother giggles and gently pats his arm. "Of course, not son. You wouldn't have agreed to do this if you knew that you wouldn't be going home this weekend. I have already told your friends to not bother you, because you won't be available. Now, let's go to the ballroom and have something to eat, while you wait for the person who bought you."

Gulf almost stumbles backwards, but before he can take a step, his mother grabs his wrist and once again, she pulls him off the stage towards the ballroom.

How can she not tell me that I wasn't going back home tonight? This isn't a small detail to overlook. Shoot. This is a big deal.

I look at my mother as she pulls us into the ballroom. When did my sweet and loving mother disappear and this cunning and clever woman take over? I haven't noticed a change at all. I'm definitely going to have to talk to dad when I get a chance.

As my mother stops right in front of a large table full of all kinds of food, my mind instantly goes to all the food. I slowly lick my lips and pick up a plate and begin piling food onto the plate.

My mother is still blabbering about something, but I don't care. I have food, and I'm hungry.

I walk away from my mother and walk towards a vacant table along the side of the ballroom. I set my plate down. But before I sit down, I flip over a glass and fill it with water from the water pitcher in the center of the table.

I smile and lick my lips as I sit down. The delicious smell of the food fills my nose while my stomach growls. Well, I can't wait any longer. I'm hungry.

My mother sits down on my right side, but I don't pay any attention to her. The food is too good.

As I slowly slide the spoon out of my mouth, a soft moan comes out with it. "Hmmmm....."