Chapter 5

I walk far enough so Gulf can't hear me before I answer my phone.

"Hello."

"Sir, this is the resort. We have encountered a slight problem."

I glance back at Gulf, who is luckily completely focused on his phone. This is the exact same thing that I've always had to deal when it came to him. He never noticed me before, because his face is usually buried in his phone or focused on his friends. He seldom looks around his surroundings unless something draws his attention.  

He has proven to me over and over again that I'm not someone that can pull his attention away from whatever he is doing.

When I heard that his mother was going to do an auction, I knew immediately that she would make him participate in it. Well, I wasn't completely sure, but I was hoping. Luckily, my hopes became a reality, when he walked out onto the stage.

No matter what, I'm not going to let anything ruin this weekend.

I turn my back to Gulf. "What seems to be the problem?"

"Well, I have been informed by management that I can't refund the cost of the other room to the organization that held the charity event. I'm not really sure why, but I've been told by my supervisor that we can't do that."

I sigh. Now what do I do?

"Is there anything that you can do regarding the other room?"

"Sir, my supervisor says that we still have to charge someone for the room, since it was too late to rent it out to someone else. So, we are going to be charging your credit card, instead of billing the organization.

I'm sorry, sir, but we will also be adding an additional charge for having our staff move those bags from that room to the cottage."

Well, I expect to have to pay for them moving Gulf's bags.  At least, the organization doesn't have to pay for the room.  

I nod my head. "Yes, I understand. Do whatever you have to."

I turn and glance back at Gulf. I breathe a sigh of relief, because he is still focused on his phone.

"Thank you, sir. I apologize for this, but we will process everything now. I hope that you are having a great weekend at our resort."

A smile instantly appears on my face. "I'm having a great weekend. Thanks."

"That is good to hear, sir. Good-bye."

"Good-bye." I end the call and put my phone back in my pocket.

Hopefully, that will be it regarding the rooms. I know that I'm not supposed to be staying in the same room as Gulf, but I wasn't going to let this weekend pass by just like every other day has before this auction.

I have lost count how many times that Gulf has walked past me and not noticed me. Each time, a small little ache in my chest occurs, just like someone is poking me with a needle.

I couldn't risk him not noticing me again.

With a smile on my face, I stride back towards Gulf. "Gulf, are you ready for that art show?"

Gulf looks up from his phone and smiles.

My heart instantly explodes. He is smiling at me.

He nods his head and puts his phone back in his pocket. "Yep. Let's go. I want to spend some time looking at each picture."

***