Pleasing April

"How could this have happened?" My sisters friend Lucy asked.

                  " My sister and I had been attached at the hip since I was born. My sister has always been  beautiful. She is a 5'10, long blonde with big blue eyes. She never speaks out and could never harm a fly. I on the other hand have short brunnette hair with every color of the rainbow in it. I am barely 5'4 with dark brown eyes. I always get into fights and cant keep my mouth shut. Which is why I can't understand how we both fell for the same guy. Maybe if I start from the begining then I can figure it out."

Lucy nodded,"Start from the begining."

*********************************************

I was born at 3:09 in the afternoon on May 15, 1994. My sister was barely a year older than me seeing as she was born at 1:03 in the morning on April 27, 1993. My parents couldnt keep it in their pants I guess.  My sister's name is April Nevada Largen after the month and state she was born in. My name is Victoria Medici Largen. I was named after my mother's favorite women in history. I mean my middle name isnt even a freaking first name. Anyways my sister always called me Ci because she could never pronounce my middle name when we were little. April and I grew up as happy as clams. I was always the one sticking up for us and she would be the one getting us out of trouble.

       "Hey Ci do you think I will marry a prince?" April asked me as we played princess's. Of course I wasnt a princess, I was a knight. April had her long blond hair perfectly braided by my mother. I wouldn't let my mother do my hair so it was a rats nest.

 "I dont know April. I personally dont want to marry a prince. "

          "Ci you are not a normal six year old girl."

I laughed and grabbed my fake sword that I had made with my dad,"So who wants to be normal?"

         My sister danced around in her pink dress," I want to be normal."

I could see the sadness in her eyes. She knew this family was not normal. I was diagnosed with diabetes when I was five. Our mother was a nurse and every waking minute she got she would be outside with her garden. Our father was an author by day and a muscian by night. We are far from normal and i have no idea why that bothered April so much.

    I tried not to act differnt in front of April's friends as we got older but they always thought I was a freak. I tried my hardest to please my older sister. I loved her so much but I knew I never helped her situtation. She eventually stopped bringing home her friends because we embarresed her so much. We all didnt mind though.

    My friends consisted of my sister and me. I dont like other people much but April is a social butterfly. I mostly spend my days listening to music out in my mother's garden. April spends her time with her friends and the few boyfriends she has had.

***************************************

"I guess thats where I should begin, Lucy"

   Her eyes were wide,"Keep going."

Well at the begining of sophmore year is when this all happened. Its when I first met Matt  Bowman. He is the quarterback of the school. Perfect brown hair, perfect body, perfect grades.......why am I going on about this? You should know what kind of guy I am describing. Every school has one. Anyways Mr.Perfect was not very good in English which happens to be my best class. Mrs.Williams assigned me to be his tutor for the year. "Mrs. Williams I really don't think that would be best."

     Matt cut in,"Yea I mean how could this freak possibly help me?"

Mrs. Williams glared at him,"Josh we do not use harsh words in this class. Ci you are just going to have to deal with it. If he gets an A on his semester final you get extra credit."