Chapter 2

"Lucy I am really tired do I have to keep going?"

  She jumped on my bed,"Yea. It's only 9."

I sighed,"Ok on one condition though."

"What?"

        "Stop bouncing on my bed."

********************************************

"Why the Tasty Freeze?"

          "Because I want some ice cream," Matt said smirking.

        He ordered chocolate swirl,"Hey Victoria why didn't you order anything?"

       "Don't call me Victoria. I only eat my dad's ice cream."

           "I will find a proper nickname for you."

   I rolled my eyes,"Yea whatever. Did you do the reading?"

                 He laughed,"No and why would I?"

                           "I thought you got good grades?"

  "I do I just hate English. Its boring and stuff."

       "How could you say that? I mean English has so many wonderful stories about love and death."

          "Hold up. Love and death? How could you put those together as wonderful things?"

    "Well I've never been in love but I watch my mother and father and the way they look at each other it must be great. Death maybe sad but only for awhile because of death we have new life. "

                 I thought I saw a look on his face of understanding but it was gone all too soon,"Yea anyways on to this English crap."

 I muttered,"It's not crap."

********************************************

                             "Ok Lucy you heard the first real time I had ever talked to Matt, can I go to bed now?"

She shook her head no,"If you keep going I will take you shopping tomorrow and at the shops you like."

             How could I say no to that? "Ok well I guess."

                 Homecoming at our school is almost bigger than prom. I have no idea why but each year the princepal picks three girls to compete against each other and then the student body votes, its the same with the guys. April was getting eager because she was sure to be crowned queen and Matt the king. I went out with her while she shopped for dresses. We were at the local dress shop,"What do you think of this one?"

         She came out with a blue peacock dress on,"It looks nice on you but its kind of like a peacock."

She threw her arms up,"We have been through like 20 differn't dresses and none of them you like."

          "I'm sorry April it's just they don't compliment you well."

"Well this is the last one I am trying on today." She came out with a peach dress on. It hugged her curves and was very modest at the same time.

       "It's perfect."

              She smiled at herself in the mirror,"You really think? I hope Matt likes it."

   I scoffed,"Screw what Matt thinks, it looks great on you."

          She came and sat by me,"Ci I know you've never had a boyfriend or anything but someday you will and you will understand what I am going through."

            I know she didn't mean it but it came out a little bitchy. I just stared as she walked back to the dressing rooms. Is it really a sin that I hadn't ever had a boyfriend? Or my first date? My mother would tell me ,"Dear Ci, it doesn't matter if it hasn't happened yet because I believe there is someone for everyone. Just be patient."

       I just need to remeber that. Anyways I think this homecoming thing is just going to April's head. She came out of the dressing rooms wearing her normal clothes and holding that dress. I don't think I am going to Homecoming. I am it's not my kind of scene anyways, plus I don't even have a friend to go with.

 Lucy interupted my story,"Ooh this is where I come in!"

               'Yea Lucy it is. Can I continue?"

                             "Yes."

          I was walking up to the counter where April was. She was talking to someone I had seen a couple times at school before.

               "......and I just can't wait til Matt sees me in this dress. Do you think he will like it Lucy?"

                 Lucy smiled her pearly whites,"I believe he will find it dazzling."

    I could tell Lucy didn't really care about the dress," Hello Lucy my name is Ci."

   I took it in my own hands to introduce myself. She looked at me,"Hello Ci I'm Lucy. I'm sorry but I don't think I've ever seen you around before."

                         "Yea I'm April's sister."

      "Oh cool."

                  April looked her watch,"It was nice talking to you Luce but we gotta run. See you later"

                              "Oh ok bye." Lucy went back to work.

                April opened the door for me,"Hey April is she a close friend of yours?"

                        "No not really, I just have a couple of classes with her."

**************************************************

Ok guys what do you think of the story so far? And of you have any ideas as to who Ci's dad should be please comment!!!!!

 Love,

                     Bonnie