Chapter 3

Chapter 3

                     "Mom I think I want to go to Homecoming."

   She was flipping through her bills,"Well thats great. Who asked you?"

               "No one but there is this girl at school named Lucy who said she would go with me as a friend date."

   "Honey are you coming out of the closet to me? If you are can I just say I'm behind you all the way."

               I laughed,"No mom I'm not a lesbain. Lucy just broke up with her boyfriend and she asked if we could go as friends."

            "Okay well i'm guessing you need to buy a dress."

         "Yea."

 "Alright well I will take you Saturday."

            "Mom if its alright with you I would like to go by myself." 

A deluge of tears flowed from my mother's eyes,"My little girl is growing up!"

She threw her arms around me and squeezed the life out of me.  My father walked in on the hug and in my house if you witness a hug going on you join in. "Ok, ok I'm just going to buy a Homecoming gown."

   My father smiled warmly, "Here is $150. If you need anymore you know where I am."

            ******************************************************************************************

"Lucy are you serouis?" Lucy and I were in the mall shopping for my Homecoming gown.

              "No joke. This years Homecoming is going to be a masquerade."

     I cracked my knuckles nervously,"Oh so we have to have masks?"

              "Uh duh Ci."

                 "Well what kind of dress do you want?"

Lucy came out in a yellow dress with diamond studs all over the top,"What do you think?"

 She looked so pretty,"It looks so great on you! That is your dress."

             She smiled,"Ok its your turn now."

      She shoved me into the dressing room along with a million dresses. There were billions of colors before me. I came out in a dress the color of baby puke.

 Lucy smiled weirdly,"Its a great dress but a horrible color."

             "Okay well its not like I have a million other dresses to try on."

I tried on about ten dresses before I came out in one we both liked. It was nothing special just a simple silver dress that hugged my waist more than i would've liked it to. It had a huge skirt. Lucy squeeled,"It's perfect for you. I am so excited! Come, let's find some mask."

    Lucy's mask was a simple silver one. Mine was black with a silver rose coming off the side of it.

"Lucy I am really nervous."

           "Why?" She looked perplexed.

       "I wonder if I will even be asked to dance."

 "Of course you will. You will be so stunning no one will be able to resist you."

 I smiled,"I hope so."