Passed away

✯¸

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ Eighteen ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

''I feel like a fucking science experiment,'' he groaned and sent you a small smile. You giggled and sat up as he moved himself to give you more space to sit. You could understand where he was coming from, he had so much stuff attached to him. Only to keep him alive.

You bit your bottom lip, ''Azami?''

He hummed in response. You cleared your throat, scared to find out his answer to the question you're about to ask.

''You know you can ask me anything'' he whispers as he stares into your eyes. you stared back at him, taking in his features. His skin looked paler than usual, his dark blue eyes had a wash of haziness on them. His hair was pushed out of his face, showing his forehead. His thick hair had already grown a little longer and fell softly onto his shoulders.

''Do you want to die?''

He kept silent. Thinking deeply about the question. He didn't necessarily want to die, but knowing he had a whole life full of medication and hospital visits ahead of him, made him feel tired. The thought alone exhausted him already. He coughed once as he looked away, embarrassed.

''I don't know'' he breathed out. You took in a sharp breath, not loving his answer. But you could understand him. Knowing you won't feel the same as you used to and having to take medicine just to keep you alive, having to go to the hospital probably at least once a weak can do so much to you mentally. Even if it doesn't seem like a lot, it is. It drains you mentally. It's scary to know if you stop taking your medicine, you will pass away quickly.

''You look pretty tonight'' he smiled and his words came out slowly. You felt his hands move up to your cheek, feeling it shake against your skin. You giggled, knowing it would probably take so much energy for him to even raise his hand. Your make up was probably smudged from crying and your hair looked a mess, so him saying you look pretty made you bubbly.

''Are you coming back home soon?''

''I'm allowed to go back once I've gained more weight or something. Eh, and once they've done all the tests. Blablabla'' he rolled his eyes.

You met his gaze and his eyes softened as they were slowly closed because his lips were curled up into a smile. You looked at him for about three seconds until you unconsciously moved your head down. You planted a soft kiss on his cheek and when you sat up again, you saw him blush like crazy.

You could hear him mumble as he sheepishly broke eye contact. His eyes closed and you studied his features more. You were glad to have him in your life and wouldn't know what to do without him. Him continuously talking like he's actually going to die made you feel nervous.

''Kurapika is a lucky man'' he mumbled, eyes closed. You exhaled, not knowing what to respond to that. You stood up after realising Azami had fallen asleep. His eyes were shut tight and his lips were parted slightly as he breathed softly.

You ruffled his hair gently before leaving the hospital room and took a taxi home. You stepped in your dark, cold apartment and went straight to bed. You stared at your ceiling, a million thoughts flooding your mind.

°•. ✿ .•°

You got out of bed the second you opened your eyes, not wanting to stay in bed all day. You felt upset but didn't want it to ruin your days. You stood in the kitchen, making breakfast for yourself until you heard someone knocking on the door.

''I swear to god of it's rin,'' you hissed, already getting pissed off at the thought of seeing your sister.

You turned off the stove and walked to your door, swinging it open.

''Mom?'' you whisper, frowning your brows slightly seeing your mom stand in the door opening. She smiled weakly at you, ''what are you doing here?'' you asked.

''I wanted to talk to you'' she said and you sighed as you stepped aside, letting your mom inside your apartment. You gave her a cup of freshly brewed coffee and sat down next to her on the sofa. She looked at you and pursed her lips together.

''About Kurapika...'' she started but you immediately stopped her.

''I'm not going to listen to you lecturing me, mom. With all due respect, I'm done with it. I love him, mom. I love him with all of my heart and Rin knew that. It's not my fault she decided to date someone she knows is the love of my life.''

''I didn't come here to give you a lecture, Y/N'' your mom sighed and stared off into the distance, ''I came here to apologise.''

Your eyes widen hearing the words leave her lips. You frowned your brows in confusion, not understanding what was going on, ''what? Is this a joke?''

Your mom put her hand on your knee, ''I should've stopped Rin from dating him. I know that sounds strange, but I should've known trouble was going to come if you found out. I only told Rin not to tell you, and seeing how happy she was, I couldn't tell her to think about your feelings. I'm sorry.''

''In all those nine years of me being a fucking mess this is your shitty excuse? Why the hell does nobody care about my feelings? All I hear is Rin this, Rin that, where do my feelings matter in this story? It's like you and dad both forgot my feelings, no, me as a whole person exists! You only keep her feelings in mind, not mine. Fuck Rin, she's just a spoiled bitch.''

Your mother kept quiet, sadness showing in her eyes. You didn't care, not even a little. All these years people have only taken her feelings into mind. Nobody made sense. It was like everyone forgot about you in those years. You again heard knocking on the door. You groaned and opened the door aggressively, revealing a crying Rin.

''What is it. Kurapika broke up with you?'' you bluntly said.

''Dad... he passed away''