* Bonus Chapter 3 *

~~~

:))

~~~

He's been reading this one sentence repeatedly for maybe around twenty minutes now but not even a single word gets processed by his brain.

Yeonjun shifts on the sofa where he's currently lying down, waiting for his husband to come home who's been more than three hours late by now. It annoys him a little, he admits, but he still wants to understand that certain trouble happens beyond one's control sometimes and he doesn't want to argue over something so shallow. However, a nasty tiny tinge of disappointment stays on the deep part of his chest since he was the one to prepare their dinner for tonight after quite a while, considering that they both have been extremely busy because of the consecutive events and projects their companies held for the past few months. So nobody could really blame him if he feels a bit upset for having to cancel what he had in mind for the both of them. He was thinking that he could pull a little surprise tonight but it ended with him having to eat what he made, all alone himself.

Hence, that leaves Yeonjun here, in front of the glass protected fireplace with a book in hand, trying to entertain himself enough to stay awake as he waits for his husband. And maybe to hear his reasons on why he has to come home at— Yeonjun glances on the digital clock placed on the cabinet below the TV built on the wall— at half past midnight. Yes, Soobin really has an explanation to do. Add the reason why he can't text Yeonjun about it to the list.

The male returns into reading the very same line he's been reading, eyes drooping out of tiredness as he lets out a yawn but he refuses to give in to sleepiness. Stubbornly determined to wait and greet his husband instead of settling to bed like what he should probably be doing. But despite the strong determination he feels burning deep within, his eyes would very much like to argue against that and they slowly close as seconds tick by. The book formerly grasp on Yeonjun's hand now finds itself lying on the carpeted floor.

Yeonjun has no idea for how long has he dozed off but he stirs awake when he feels arms lifting him off the couch, his head meeting a solid surface in which he assumes to be a person's chest as his legs dangle around in the air. The presence of the person carrying him feels familiar enough not to alert Yeonjun's defense instincts so he allows his eyes to remain closed, even going as far as nuzzling his face on the said chest because the scent filling his nose smells really soothing . He knows it by heart, could probably even pick it up in the middle of a crowded room and still find his way towards where Soobin is because he's that used to it.

A couple minutes and climbing up the stairs later and Yeonjun feels himself land on a soft mattress with covers being pulled up to his shoulders. The bed dips a bit and then he feels a hand caressing his face before a pair of lips pressed itself down on his forehead. Yeonjun fights the urge to scrunch his nose, choosing to drag on his play pretend of being asleep just to see, or in his case, sense what Soobin would do in this situation presented to him.

And yeah, maybe Yeonjun really does feel exhausted to confront and make Soobin explain himself so he'll just perhaps use this incident to his advantage tomorrow to have a reason to play difficult because he's petty like that. No years of marriage can take that away from him.

A couple beats of silence passed before Yeonjun feels yet again, another kiss on his face, but this time it landed on the corner of his lips. His eyes almost shoot up open because of the action but he manages to fight against it. Instead, he hears the soft whispers of his husband lulling him back to a peaceful slumber with careful fingers tracing his cheek.

"Sweet dreams, my love. I love you."

~~~

Soobin doesn't have to hear it from his husband but he knows the other feels upset about him coming home really late yesterday so he did his best to complete everything he has to have done today as soon as he can. Thankfully, he managed to convince his secretary to move all his evening meetings for another day since he just made it a personal mission to appease Yeonjun to the best of his abilities tonight.