Chapter 2 / The investigation

Sam saw Helen pull up the driveway in her ambulance. "Ellie, go downstairs and tell Helen, Penny is here in the kitchen", said Sam. "Okay Sam", answered Ellie annoyed. When Ellie met Helen, she told her that Penny was in the kitchen. "Thanks Ellie", said Helen and went upstairs. Ellie followed her. When Helen got to the kitchen, she saw Penny sitting on a chair and Sam kneeling next to her. "Hey Penny, how do you feel", asked Helen. "I'm fine. Only my foot hurts a little bit", answered Penny. "Okay Penny. Tell me how that happend", said Helen while she looked at Penny's foot. "Ellie cames from the site. I was stardled and dropped the fire extinguisher", said Penny slowly. "It wasn't an intention", said Ellie fast. "I know", said Penny. She didn't want that Ellie feeling guilty. "how is your foot?", asked Sam worried. "Don't worry Sam, her Foot is just tucked away. Thats heals quickly",said Helen. "She just has to take it easy for a while". "Thank you Helen", thanked Penny. "No problem Penny. I will bandage your foot. You won't be able to work the next time. I recommend the desk service", explained Helen. "I have understood. Thank you Helen", said Penny. "It's luck that nothing more happend", said Sam and looked at Penny. They smiled and lost themselves in each other's eyes. " I will go now. be careful with your foot and take it slow" said Helen and waved to say goodbye. "Thanks again Helen", waved Penny. Sam waved too and helped Penny to get up. Together they went to the lounge area and sat down next to each other on the couch. Ellie watched this and was angry. Her plan is totally backfired. Ellie left the kitchen because her shift was over.

"I'll go downstairs and do the rest of the work. I'll be back as soon as I can. Take a rest and don't run away", joked Sam. "Very funny Sam", said Penny sarcastically. "I ain't going nowhere. Even if I could, I'll wait for you", said Penny with a smile on her face. Sam kissed her cheek and went downstairs. Penny blushed and couldn' realize was happening. The Man she loves kissed her. It was only the cheek but that was enough for now. 

Arnold entered the lounch area and saw Penny sitting on the sofa with her injured foot. He decides to start a conversation with her. "Hello Penny, I heard about the accident and wanted to check you. How is your foot?", asked Arnold Penny. "My foot is fine. Just it hurts a little bit", answered Penny. "I'm glad to hear that. Can I bring you anything? Some water or a snack?" asked Arnold. "That's really nice of you but no thanks", said Penny calm. "Okay Penny". Arnold considered what to do next. Shoul he take the first step or shoul he wait? Finally, Arnold sat down next to Penny on the sofa and put his arm behind Penny. Penny noticed this and moved a little away from him. Arnold didn't notice Penny which found it very uncomfortable and moved closer to Penny again. Elvis stood in the kitchen and watched the scene and didn't understand why Arnold bothering Penny. Does he just want to annoy her or is there more? Could it be really that Arnold has feelings for Penny? Elvis thoughts went crazy. " Hey you two come in the kitchen for something to eat? And Arnold, can you please let Sam know? I'll help Penny in the kitchen", explained Elvis. "Alright", said Arnold annoyed. He went downstairs. Elvis holds up Penny and together they went into the kitchen. "Thanks Elvis. Also because of Arnold. I don't know what was wrong with him. "No problem Penny", he smilled.

"Sam come on there is food. we're already waiting upstairs", shouted Arnold. "No need scream Arnold. I'm coming", said Sam calmly. They ate together and played a few games all the evening. Around 11p.m., Sam and Arnold had drove to an emergency. 

Meanwhile, Ellie sat at her home making a new plan. "Tomorrow is a training tower exercise. If Sam is injured, I can take care of him. So he would fall in love with me", Ellie giggled with the thoughts of tomorrow...

So, This was the second chapter of this story :) I hope you liked it. The next chapter comes in the next day. Criticism and suggestions for improvement are welcome. Have a nice day and stay healthy.