Chapter 3 / The exercise

In the next morning, Ellie and Arnold were on an early shift. Ellie couldn't wait to tell Arnold about her new plan. "Arnold, I Have the best plan to show Sam that I'm the right one", she said excitedly. Arnold raised an eyebrow. "What a plan?", asked Arnold skeptical. "Today is an exercise in the training tower. What would happen, if something happend to Sam?" Arnold gaves her a seriously look. "Right, he would need someone to help him", explained Ellie. "Are you sure this is a good idea Ellie? I mean you can't just hurt someone on your purpose", asked Arnold scared. "Arnold, nobody will know that is was me. I'll build a trip hazard in the tower. Sam will trip over it and injure himself. I help him and he will be greatful to me", enthused Ellie. "I don't know how to find this idea", smirked Arnold. "But I need your help. You've got to distract everyone so i can put the trap in the tower", pleaded Ellie. "If Sam also injured, he can't longer take care of Penny", explained Ellie. "Okay. I will help you", said Arnold fast. "But watch out that you don't get caught. I don't feel like getting into trouble." "Don't panic Arnold. I always manage everything", she said confidently. 

At noon, Sam came into the station and greeted Arnold and Ellie with a wave. "Okay Ellie, you have a frree way" whispered Arnold."Thanks Arnold. I have everything with me to build the trap", explained Elllie. She went to the training tower and took care that no one saw her. Inside the tower, she set up the trap and checked it. It worked great. Ellie disappered from the scene and was already looking forward to the exercise.

"Okay Team, are you ready for the training exercise", asked Sam. "Yeah Sam, we're ready", said Ellie. Only Sam, Arnold and Ellie did the exercise. Elvis shift is starting tonight and Penny was at home because of her foot. "Today's exercise is to rescue Dolly from the tower. There are a few fire pits on the way that need to be extinguished. Arnold, you will light the fire and Ellie, you will control the oxygen level. I will start", said Sam. "Roger that Sam", both said. Sam pulled the tubes out of Jupiter while Ellie and Arnold talked. "Be careful to not fall on the tripping trap", reminded Ellie him. "Don't worry Ellie, I will be careful", he calmed her down. Arnold went to the tower and lit the fires and saw that Ellie had placed the trap in the middle of the tower. "I'll start saving Dolly now", said Sam and ran into the training tower. Arnold and Ellie grinned at each other and waited. "Oh no", shouted Arnold. "What is Arnold?", she asked. "Have you ever thought about the fact that Sam will seen the trap if he trips over it. We're done Ellie", Arnold explained in panic. "Ohhh no", she said,"I didn't think about it. What do we do now?", asked Ellie Arnold. "Let's hope he doesn't fall over it", he said in panic. But the hope cames too late.

Arnold and Ellie heard Sam scream and ran into the training tower. When they found Sam he was lying on the floor and he supporting his injured hand with his good hand. "Are you alright Sam", asked Ellie. "No, I tripped over a trap and injured my hand. Who is so stupid to install a trap in a training tower? That is dangerous!", complained Sam."I don't now", said Arnold innocently. Ellie glared at him."Wait, I help you Sam", said Ellie but Sam got up alone. "Thanks Ellie but I can do it. I go to the station and call Helen. You two clear everything now. The training is over for the time", explained Sam. "Okay Sam", they answered. Sam went to the station, when Ellie started to get angry. "That can not be", screamed Ellie. Her plan went wrong again....

Thanks for reading the third chapter of this story :)I hope you liked it. The next chapter is coming soon. Criticsm and suggestions for improvement are welcome. Have a nice day and stay healthy ;)