Chapter Twenty-Nine: Morag/Vormir

When I try to breathe, small specks of dirt and pebbles get sucked into my nose. I sneeze and cough before sitting up and looking around, trying to free my sinuses up. Observing my surroundings, I see that I must have been transported to Morag. Geysers spew up water everywhere and the sky is as bland as the land itself. I hear shuffling next to me and turn to see Loki struggling to sit up.

"Loki?!" I run over and help him stand up, completely surprised that he was transported here with me. "You okay?"

"Where are we?" Ignoring my question, Loki looks around frantically to try and see what planet we landed on.

"I recognize this place from Guardians of the Galaxy. This is Morag." The wind starts picking up, but it's not cold. Still, it gives me the chills. I'm starting to get the feeling that something bad is going to happen. "The question is when are we? I'm guessing it's 2014 because that's the year Rhodey and Nebula had to come to get the Power Stone."

"The Power Stone is here?" Loki asks with a bit of surprise in his voice. I don't blame him, he's been trying to find the Stones while he was in Thanos' servitude for a full year I bet.

"Yep, right over there." I point to a large structure in the distance, the biggest structure on this planet. The Temple of the Power Stone. "Nebula and Rhodey are probably already inside. We should hurry."

"Lead the way, Infinity Stone Goddess." Loki's sarcasm truly is unrivaled. I want to say something back at him, but the title he gave me leaves a faint dust of red over my face.

Instead of creative banter, I stumble over my words and say, "I'm the Infinity Stone's Protector. C-come on, Asgardian, get it right!"

"My sincerest apologies." Loki puts his hand on his chest and bows before following me.

Slowly we make our way over to the ruined structure where I remember the Power Stone to be located. It's very quiet here which puts me on edge, so I try to break my anxiety by rolling my right shoulder encased in metal armor to loosen my muscles up. With my other hand I reach up into my hair to make sure the ribbon Steve gave me is still there. Since when did he even have a ribbon on him? Maybe he planned on giving it to me the whole time, and that moment just seemed right. Whatever the case, it makes me happy. I have my own armor over my arm to remind me of Tony and the blue suit with the ribbon to remind me of Steve. These thoughts are comforting and I forget why I was troubled in the first place.

As we approach the ruins, Loki speed walks up to the wall and tries to find a way inside. We must have come from the side entrance because I don't see a door anywhere either. Loki looks back and says, "My illusions can mold through the wall and try to find an entrance."

"Or I can make a door." I lift my left hand and summon a portal using the Space Stone's powers. Loki raises his eyebrows and shrugs before entering the portal. I follow him, exiting the other side. "Woah. This place is huge."

It's way bigger than in the movie somehow. It reminds me of when I first entered Doctor Strange's house, I was taken aback by how detailed everything was and how more lively the place seemed. It's like that, but damp and creepy. If this was in the movie there might be some music playing, however, that's the thing about being here in person. There is no music to fill the silence.

I have a feeling something bad is about to happen. I don't know why, but I can't shake it out of my mind no matter what I try. I follow Loki's lead as my brain is becoming occupied with this growing fear, but he brings me out of my thoughts when he taps my shoulder. "What is it?"

"Are those your Nebula and Rhodey that you were talking about earlier?" Loki points to two figures in the distance and my gaze follows his eyes. Sure enough, Nebula and Rhodey are there crouching behind a pile of clumped stalagmites. I nod with a smile and we rush over to them.