𝓝𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻

The cool autumn air quickly shifted to a freezing cold temperature as we neared Hogsmeade. Jinx's hands were near her mouth as she blew hot breath on them and I rolled my eyes. I shoved my bare hands in my pockets and looked at the triangular buildings.

"It's colder today," Jinx smiled at me.

"The exact same as the rest of the year," I retorted.

"False,"

"Excuse me?" I turned to look at her, stopped in the middle of the street.

"I said you're wrong. When it's Summer, it's slightly warmer, in winter it's the coldest, then those transition months of course," She walked ahead of me, paused and turned to look at me then shot me a smile before continuing to walk. I jogged to catch up.

"Why do you know this?"

"You tend to pick up on smaller details when you're trying not to focus on what's right in front of you," She shrugged and turned into a random shop. I followed her inside and was hit with a wave of strong smelling spices and warmth.

I cocked an eyebrow at her and perused the shop myself, she was off in a section picking up small things and examining them each. I found a small small notebook and the cover was a soft yellow color, the leather cover reminded me of Jinx and all of her writing. 

"Hey,"

"What's up," I shoved the notebook behind my back. She didn't seem to notice.

"I'm good to go if you are,"

"Yeah, in a sec," I nodded at Jinx. She bounced off towards the door and stood idly, waiting. I took the small notebook up to the register and quickly paid the employee before escaping the warm shop with Jinx. I put the book in my coat.

"So.. what do ya wanna do?" Jinx sang.

"What do you want to do?" I shoved my hands into my coat pockets and looked away from the giddy girl.

"Well, it's my birthday in a couple days. I was thinking maybe we could go get some new pens! I've been wanting some for awhile," She looked excitedly over at the stationary shop.

"Let's go,"

Δ

"Happy birthday Jinx!" Everyone gathered around the common room table. We started singing to her as the candle light danced upon her face. I fingered the monogrammed notebook I bought her only a couple days ago. Jinx blew out her candles and smiled at the cake. Her friends cheered and started slicing the dessert for her. I pulled her aside.

"What's up?"

"I-I," I looked around nervously, so I just pulled the notebook out and gave it to her. Jinx's eyes lit up as her fingers ran over the soft yellow leather.

"Draco! Oh my goodness, I love it. Thank you," She gave me a tight hug then pulled away again, admiring the pages inside. "I needed a new one too, thank you so much,"

"Happy birthday Jinx," I smiled and she smacked her hand over her mouth.

"You smiled! I haven't seen you smile in forever! Like years!" She gave me an even bigger hug and I chuckled. "AND A LAUGH!? I BROKE YOU!"

Δ

"Mornin' Jinx," I sat on her bed with a jump and watched her scribble into her new notebook.

"Morning,"

"No smile?" I cocked my head at her and she turned to give me a big grin. "There's my Jinx,"