Chapter 13- The park

"What happened?!" My mom said startled as I burst into the car.

"Mom.." I try to get my words out as I cry, "Masons up there."

"Is he alright?"

"He had pictures of me all over the wall, mom they were right," I try to catch my breath, "He's been stalking me and I didn't even notice, I'm so stupid"

My mum holds me close and I cry into her chest, "you're not stupid, it's okay it's okay."

I go home and lie in my bed, wondering how my life became so shit.

There's a light knock on the door.

"Come in!" I shout at the door.

Christian peaks his head around the door, "Kai?"
He's holding a pot of candy floss and a takeaway bag.

"Hi."

"Can I sit?"

I nod and he comes and sits by my side, pulling the blanket over us.

"What's in the bag?"

"White truffle pasta."

"Thank you." I say as he puts his arm around me, "my mom told you huh?"

"Yeah, I should've told you."

"You knew?"

"Well I knew about the incident last year but I didn't believe it originally so I thought it was messy to tell you, now I'm beating myself up cause I feel like I've put you in danger."

"It's okay." 

"Are you gonna get the police involved?"

"I don't know, my mom's calling the school about it."

"Don't worry, you'll be safe." He kisses me on the forehead.

We sit down eating white truffle pasta and candy floss just talking and I start to feel better.

The next morning my mom came into school to have a meeting with the head and the news spread around fast. Everybody knew. Tiffany had returned back to school but Mason wasn't present despite his whereabouts being confirmed. I was starting to get better. Feeling like myself again and trying to push things to the back of my head. My mom was trying her best to leave me out of the case so that it wouldn't depress me further. Christian was my biggest supporter and I wouldn't be improving if it wasn't for him.

I felt things were going back to normal until that next Thursday. I was at my locker with Christian and I see mason approach me.

Christian pulls me behind him, "get away from her!" he yells.

My whole body freezes.

"Kaiser I need to talk to you!"

"GET AWAY!" Christian shoves him.

"Let me talk to her!!" He punches Christian in the face.

Christian turns red. I had never seen him so infuriated.

He punches Mason so hard his head flings back onto a locker and blood begins to gush out of his mouth.

The security guards run down the corridor to grab Mason.

"Mr.Davis you have been asked to keep a 500m distance from the premises, please leave calmly now and avoid making any more of a scene." One of the guards says.

He doesn't listen, instead, he lunges forward.
"KAI PLEASEEE!" He goes to grab me and the security guards begin to restrain him.
They drag him down the corridor as he screams my name. Everyone is watching and whispering. 

I can tell that Christian is still mad but his main focus is making me feel better. He takes me down the corridor to try and find an empty room.
We burst into a classroom and I see joe and Jeremy working on a robot.

"Oh sorry," Christian says about to leave.

"Kaiser," Jeremy says calling me in.

"We heard about everything," Joe tells me, "we're so sorry."

"We really didn't know.." Jeremy sounds empathetic for once.

"It's not you guys' fault, "I assure them.

"He's been expelled and they're gonna start the trial soon," Jeremy says.

"We don't talk to him anymore, we promise," Joe assures me.

"Thanks, guys." I walk out with Christian.

He takes me to his car instead so I can get myself together.

About a month had passed and Christian and I decided to go to the park for a picnic. It had been a hectic few months and we just wanted to have a good day with each other.

When we arrived at the park there were ambulances, police, and news reporters everywhere causing a massive commotion.

I come out of the car with Christian and we try to see what's going on.

"Do you know what's happened?" A random woman asks me.

"No, I just go here."

"Apparently a boy just drowned himself in the lake." A random man interjects.

Another stranger joins the conversation, "Yeh, Mason Davis."