That Night

"I just got off the phone with Akaashi, he wants to take us somewhere!"

"Take us where, Celeste. Im too lazy. And its late."

"Oh hush Y/n. It'll be fun to do before you have to leave for that dumb training camp on Sunday.

"Fine." I looked in Celeste's closet for clothes and took out a sweatshirt and some baggy jeans.

"Thats all you're going to wear??"

"Yea..."

She shrugged.

"So anyways, are you and Akaashi friends? Dating? Orrr what-?"

"We're in between I guess. Like, taking it slow."

"Oh that's cool." I said.

"Okay, apparently his friends are coming too."

"Oh nice."

I wonder if Bokuto and Kuroo will be there.

"You ready to go??"

"Yeah."

"Dad! I'll be back later, I'm going out with friends!" Celeste yelled as we walked down the stairs.

"Have fun you two! And stay safe!"

"We will!!"

Kuroo's car was sitting in front of the house when we walked outside. 

"Hey!" Celeste and I said at the same time.

"Hey Y/n! Hi Celeste!" Kuroo said from the front seat. There was a shorter boy with blonde and black hair sitting in the front, and Bokuto and Akaashi sat in the back.

"HEY HEY HEY!!"

"Hey Bokuto!" 

"Sorry that you'll all be squished back there. My car isn't big enough." Kuroo looked back at us.

"Oh it's completely fine!" Celeste said, snuggling up next to Akaashi.

"Soo...where are we going?" I asked

"The beach!" Kuroo answered.

"The beach?? It's gonna get dark soon." I replied.

" The beach is better at night." The boy sitting in the front said quietly.

" Oh sorry Y/n, I didn't introduce you. Kenma, meet Y/n and Celeste. Y/n and Celeste, this is Kenma! He plays on Nekoma with me."

"Oh hey!"

"Hi!!" 

Kenma didn't reply, causing Kuroo to snatch the Nintendo from out of his hands.

"Hey!!" Kenma yelled.

"I told you not to bring that here anyways."

Kenma folded his arms.

" So are y'all pumped for the training camp?!?" Bokuto asked.

" I am!" Akaashi grinned.

" Me too!" Kuroo said. " You're gonna be there right Y/n?"

" Of course!!"

"Great!"

  We talked more about volleyball in the car before arriving at the beach. Because it was dark, we were the only ones here, and the sound of the waves were peaceful against the view of the stars. Bokuto grabbed Kuroo and ran straight into the water, clothes and all. Kenma sat on the sand, hugging his knees to his chest, and Akaashi and Celeste wandered off a small distance from the group.  I sat down next to Kenma.
"Hey."